Undefined error at runtime...

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Undefined error at runtime...

Post by BinarySpike »

I installed libcurl by fink, then "symbolicly linked" libcurl to the /usr/lib/.
(from /sw/lib/libcurl.2.dylib)
(kinda like an alias)

Anyway, I got a few more libxxx errors (libcrypto and libssl).
I did the exact same thing for both as I did for libcurl...

Anyway I run bzflag and I get a runtime error:
(it does show the all:chat:server:misc tabs, before it quits)

Code: Select all

dyld: /Users/nathan/Desktop/BZFlag/BZFlag-2.0.2 copy.app/Contents/MacOS/bzflag Undefined symbols:
/Users/nathan/Desktop/BZFlag/BZFlag-2.0.2 copy.app/Contents/MacOS/bzflag undefined reference to _btowc expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/Users/nathan/Desktop/BZFlag/BZFlag-2.0.2 copy.app/Contents/MacOS/bzflag undefined reference to _iswctype expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/Users/nathan/Desktop/BZFlag/BZFlag-2.0.2 copy.app/Contents/MacOS/bzflag undefined reference to _mbsrtowcs expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/Users/nathan/Desktop/BZFlag/BZFlag-2.0.2 copy.app/Contents/MacOS/bzflag undefined reference to _towlower expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/Users/nathan/Desktop/BZFlag/BZFlag-2.0.2 copy.app/Contents/MacOS/bzflag undefined reference to _towupper expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/Users/nathan/Desktop/BZFlag/BZFlag-2.0.2 copy.app/Contents/MacOS/bzflag undefined reference to _wcscoll expTrace/BPT trap
I'm not sure but I might have to re-compile it with libcurl on...

If I can get this bug out then I think I might be able to play it...
(I haven't had time to test bzfs or bzadmin since I got libcurl to work... I only have one Mac os X and somebody else is using right now :cry:)

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

*edit*
'm not sure but I might have to re-compile it with libcurl on...
I'm using the one off of SF...
(So, this one is not the one I compiled... it still works fine)
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

Ok, I found a solution to the problem...
(or at least I think...)

I conntacted my programming buddies and was told
that I need to re-compile bzflag with libcurl installed...

I'm not sure if this will work on Panther, but if it does
I'll just compile the next version this way.
(for all you Jaguar users :D)
learner
General
General

Post by learner »

You should not have needed to install libcurl (or any library for that matter). Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you are running a copy sitting on your desktop instead of dragging the icon to your applications folder like the window suggested?

While it "shouldn't matter" where the binary is, there are library search path issues and a hard path might have snuck in. Don't really know without you trying the 2.0.2 binary and using it in the expected manner first. How are you noticing the dyld errorrs also? Running the binary on the command line will definitely cause library resolution issues since that binary was specifically built to search it's own Framework's folder (which it does not know about when run on the command line). That could cause you to need to go through all those hoops to get the right libraries installed.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

You should not have needed to install libcurl (or any library for that matter).
Yes.... I do... now, if I compile 2.0.2 myself then I don't need it.
But... If I use the one off SF then I get errors.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you are running a copy sitting on your desktop instead of dragging the icon to your applications folder like the window suggested?
I'm a Mac os 9 updater.....
(I put stuff like calculators in my application folder...)

How are you noticing the dyld errorrs also?
In terminal. I ran it out of terminal when It didn't work.

Running the binary on the command line will definitely cause library resolution issues since that binary was specifically built to search it's own Framework's folder (which it does not know about when run on the command line). That could cause you to need to go through all those hoops to get the right libraries installed.
Cool! I didn't know that...

I just have one question... I don't see libcurl in the framworks folder.
(only normal SDL framework)
learner
General
General

Post by learner »

Heh, being an OS 9 updater has nothing to do with putting apps on your desktop.. Perhaps does go to show that you're not used to multiuser systems, though. "Shouldn't" matter really, but it was curious.

That was put together a while ago so I'd have to check the binary itself to be sure, but libcurl was either linked static or my 10.2 had a suitable libcurl already. I believe I linked it static just to be safe, but don't hold me to that -- otool will tell for certain what was done.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

That was put together a while ago so I'd have to check the binary itself to be sure, but libcurl was either linked static or my 10.2 had a suitable libcurl already. I believe I linked it static just to be safe, but don't hold me to that -- otool will tell for certain what was done.
If your computer had a suitable libcurl then why is it messing up on mine?

I installed libcurl...

It's not libcurl it's libSystem.B.dylib.
Undefined symbols:
/Users/nathan/Desktop/BZFlag/BZFlag-2.0.2 copy.app/Contents/MacOS/bzflag undefined reference to _btowc expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

*edit*
Please read new post