Can't compile

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
Bob_Bobson
Private
Private

Can't compile

Post by Bob_Bobson »

I can't get it to compile on SuSE Linux 8.1. BZFlag 1.7g0. I need to know where I can find out what I need and how to do this.
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

What errors does make give?

Some distros (e.g. Mandrake) ship with a rather limited version of mesa, and will generate errors about a missing GLU.h file. If this is the case, go download the newest version of mesa from http://3dmesa.sourceforge.net and install it, then try compiling again (if you install a new version of mesa and are using nvidia's drivers, you'll have to reinstall them afterwards, too).
KnightMare

Post by KnightMare »

I am test driving different Linux Distro's at the moment. Using Mandrake 9 now. Never had this problem with Slackware...

cc1plus: warning: -fnonnull-objects is no longer supported
cc1plus: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
cc1plus: warning: as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
cc1plus: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
cc1plus: warning: as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/iostream.h:31,
from ../../include/bzfio.h:31,
from ../../include/BzfString.h:41,
from HUDRenderer.h:23,
from HUDRenderer.cxx:15:
/usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.

Which is just warnings, but still Me no likey..
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

KnightMare wrote:Which is just warnings, but still Me no likey..
Me, neither. The problem is the difference between pre-3.0 g++ and current g++. As bzflag doesn't use something like autoconf, we'd have to create new make targets, maybe linux-newgcc or something. We'll probably think of something after the 1.7g2 release. At least it does compile without any real problems.