Mac OS X, 2.0.5 compiling

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
a n00b
Private First Class
Private First Class

Mac OS X, 2.0.5 compiling

Post by a n00b »

I want to get 2.0.5, but I'm a total noob and can't compile things. Could someone make a mac-compatible bianary and send it to me?

Please help,
-teh n00b.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

I probably could, but the latest CVS will not build for me. I would like to know if anyone else can compile the latest CVS (or is it just me?!)

As soon as I can build the Xcode project, I would be more than happy to post unofficial builds for everyone.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
crazyme
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by crazyme »

I am compiling versions 2.0.5 for OS 10.4 as we speak. I got 2.1.0 to compile yesterday, but that didn't do me much good. I also compiled 2.0.5 for Fedora Core 4, and I'm working on a OS 10.2 version. The secret seems to be a > 4.0 version of GCC. I can't get any of the other versions to work. So, I'm compiling GCC 4.0.2 on my OS 10.2 laptop, and I'm hoping that it will work.

If anyone wants compiled versions, I can throw them up on a webserver.
Email me if you would like a copy, and I'll get you a link!

--crazyme
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Mac OS X, 2.0.5 compiling

Post by temporal distraction »

a n00b wrote:I want to get 2.0.5, but I'm a total noob and can't compile things. Could someone make a mac-compatible bianary and send it to me?

Please help,
-teh n00b.
If you just want 2.0.5, there is an unofficial build by JeffM in this message
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t ... c&start=24

I'd really like to build a most current client, and I follow the instructions in this thread
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1751
including A-Delusion's instructions on getting the 2.0.x thread rather than the 2.1 thread.

BUT, once I get to the end I can never find the client application! Is there a next step that involves Xcode building the actual client? I though you only needed Xcode to make an installer, which I don't need to do.

Also I'd really like to know where the plugins get built to - where are the " .so" files?

I've attached the text output of my build this morning in hopes that someone smarter could see what is happening...
Attachments
2005-12-14 build.txt
(319.36 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

there is no installer on OSX. yes you need xcode to automatilcly build the .app package.

if you don't have xcode you have to build your package manualy, usualy from an older package.
ImageJeffM
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

Thanks Jeff - I got it to work.
I'll post my experience in the HOW TO: CVS for Mac OS X sticky thread.