changeing max shots in 1.7g0

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
isfry
Private First Class
Private First Class

changeing max shots in 1.7g0

Post by isfry »

Any one else had any isses with changeing the maxshots in bzfs.cxx and then get failed to download world database upon connection. i downloaded the source from sourcefourge and it used to work under 1.6 but it is now unhappy. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by isfry on Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Re: changeing max players in 1.7g0

Post by Chestal »

isfry wrote:Any one else had any isses with changeing the maxplayers in bzfs.cxx and then get failed to download world database upon connection.
I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. You edited the source of bzfs to change the maximum number of allowed players? This is a very high number by default IIRC.
isfry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by isfry »

oh sorry brain fart... i added more shots and wieh i added more shots it would not work i trin 20 50 and 100 i havn't tring just setting it to 10 and see if it works then it might just be visual studio .net mucking it up anyone else had weird issues like this?

I when i tried to compile it for 10 shots like it is normaly and still get the failled to connect message and error downloading database. I tried it with out a map file (randomnly created map) and no prams at all and still get this. I am using the downloaded 1.7g0 biinary. Granted this is on Windows 2000/XP so that might be the problem.

Note i changed the topic title to reflect what i was really asking after my brain up with my fingers.
DEATH[2-I]
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DEATH[2-I] »

thats what you get for not using linux :)
isfry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by isfry »

Well at work at are all Microsoft and the big cheese likes it that way and I like my paycheck so I have to play by those rules, but I haven't tried compiling it under Linux. Mainly because I only have dial up at home and there was no point it trying to play with it at home on Linux there. That is unless there are players that like playing in a lot lag. =)