Windows VC2005 EE libcurl

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
PsYch0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Windows VC2005 EE libcurl

Post by PsYch0 »

Ok - so i'm trying to build from sources on windows xp for the hell of it...

I've installed Platform SDK, DirectX SDK, libCURL, and PDCurses... all projects compile just fine... but i get an error linking libcurl.lib at the end... ??

I have added Platform and DirectX dir's to my VC settings and put PDCurses and libCURL includes/libs in the right directories.

The problem, though, seems to be that there is no file named libcurl.lib. Instead, I have libcurl-3.dll, libcurl.dll.a, libcurl.a, and libcurl.la ??

I've tried compiling / linking after copying each one over to libcurl.lib (that is, keeping all those files, but copying one over to libcurl.lib and rebuilding... doing that for each file). The build only succeeded when I copy libcurl.dll.a to libcurl.lib. However, when trying to run bzflag, I get an uncaught exception (and no further details... just a message about an uncaught exception).

Thinking this might have to do with libcurl-3.dll not being in my runtime directory, I copied it over... tried again to no avail. Rebuilt (despite that I don't think that would help) and still it does not work...

I'm still trying just about everything I can think of, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
PsYch0
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

you got the gcc libcurl, not the VC one. visual C++ can not read them, no mater how you rename them ( it dosn't change the file ).

get the right libcurl, you want the one that is Win32 - MSVC not "generic"
ImageJeffM
PsYch0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PsYch0 »

Ah - thank you!

I was thinking "generic" meant "for all" even in this case...

-PsYch0
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

there is no single common lib format that every compler supports
ImageJeffM