Acceleration Limits

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Acceleration Limits

Post by Tropican8 »

A-Delusion, A Temporal Distraction, and I were messing around with Acceleration Limits.

We are aware that several years ago the issue of input acceleration caused quite a stir in the ducati and pillbox communities.

Recently, several keyboard players have noticed problems with directional jumps when the values are too low. We generally just disable the feature by not setting the -a values, setting them to 0, or setting them to 5000

We were wondering what the benefits of using such a feature are, and how to calculate proper values without causing the above problems.

In the interest of Planet MoFo and other servers operators not around when this was going on, could input please be provided?

Thanks all of you who may be able to enlighten us,
The Planet MoFo Team
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Sorry folks, I disappeared from IRC last night.
Half way through the discussion my father was about to go to bed, I said "brb", turned my screen brightness to 0 and jumped into bed.
I was gonna get back out and help you test 2 minutes later but I nodded off - slept for 12 hours.
Anyway, I'm happy to test tonight if you like...

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007