PC Magazine

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
The Vaxorcist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vaxorcist »

It's good to see a big publication pick up BZFlag.

More popularity is definitely good as long as it isn't all at once. BZFlag could be easily overwhelmed by noobs and spammers, cheaters, and other dregs of humanity.
Where's Darwin when you need him?

Lagger@Everywhere
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

The Vaxorcist wrote:BZFlag could be easily overwhelmed by noobs and spammers, cheaters, and other dregs of humanity.
Yea, but it can easily be dealt with - Assuming there are Admins/Cops about....
eagle
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by eagle »

well as long as bzflag grows make sure to have some experienced players to admin. the servers so it doesn't get out of control.
~~~~~
I do know everything, just not all at once. Its a virtual memory problem.
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

Come on now. Dont veer OT. Im just wondering, how many other magazines have featured an article or even a mention about bzflag. Quite interesting, even though many of the programmers and editors seem to be into freeware.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
94b20 deductillator
Private
Private

Re: PC Magazine

Post by 94b20 deductillator »

bzflaginator wrote:Today after practice I was waiting for my car to warm up and so I decided to read through my latest issue of PC Mag. Their featured article was on "Best Free Software for 2007" so of course I flipped right to that page. After reading through their categories, I fell upon a section denoted "Fun and Games". Guess what was second on the list....yes of course BZFlag. The game has been noted in other magazines and websites (to which I can not remember the names). So as it may seem, BZFlag has become quite the freeware scene for gaming on SourceForge. Now this is the crowd we would like to attract...the older gamers that are more mature than the featured teens of this era :roll: .

P.S. They do somewhat of a meager job of description. Oh well. :?
Hi, I came across that feature at the dentist's office, and here I am. I definitely fit the "older gamers" you wish to attract, but I not sure about the "more mature" part.

I've met (read: "gotten killed by") a couple of the members already. I've been going to empty free-for-all servers to try to get the hang of driving these damn tanks and pick up some weapons control.

and I want to thank those of you who hung around and let me practice with them instead of just immediately leaving out of boredom, "two pints of lager" and "monkey007" in particular. I also apologize to "dodo1" for bugging out just as he logged in, it was purely bad timing.

I can only fight with stolen minutes, trying not to get my wife too pissed off about "playing another stupid game", although she seems happier that my butt is getting kicked by real people this time, and not just software bots.

Live long and prosper!

94b20 deductillator (call me deduc)