IS BZ DEAD? (the public servers)

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: IS BZ DEAD?

Post by Grace F »

zaddo wrote:I run my own server on a private network and play with a few friends. The public servers wouldn't be aware I existed. I am sure there are thousands of others like myself out there.
Good point. I was talking like 13 people on MissleWars about 1 hour ago and we were shouting out what time it was and where we lived. The different countries that people were from was astonishing.

IS BZ DEAD? - NO
zaddo wrote:I Love BZFlag, I have loads of off the shelf games, but I get tired of them soon after I buy them. I never get tired of BZ Flag because it is just SO MUCH FUN :!: :!:
Yet another good point ;)
EbErT
Private First Class
Private First Class

More opinion

Post by EbErT »

I too have noticed a decline, but its more of a decline in massive amounts of players staying on one server for a long game session. Silvercat was a great place to go, a place where I could get a kick out of killing tons of newbies for hours (never boring). BZflag seems less chaotic than it has been in the recent past.

An idea I thought of to get more players on a server that has become old-hat (babel/overlord/spiralzone) is to advertise it as open on weekends only. This would take some work to automate/put up every weekend, but I think it would be something to look forward to. Carefully selected rotations are also nice.
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

Managed balancing of teams on CTF maps might keep players interested. When one team is stacked with the best players, it can become frustrating for the players on the team that is getting slaughtered, both for the newbies and the experienced players.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Yea, I see that alot on Hepcat. If 1 team starts to become dominant the less experienced players on the opposing team tend to just drop out.
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chicken fingers »

bz is so far from dead its like the fountain of youth is in its basement i am on alot and there is alwas a ton of others on it too im never playing alone i always have a team unless i dont want one sometime in the morning there less people but who compaining the less people the easier kills :twisted:
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

chicken fingers wrote:its like the fountain of youth
So true.