If you are LOSING PACKETS

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
KRR
Private First Class
Private First Class

If you are LOSING PACKETS

Post by KRR »

then PLEASE LEAVE THE 'EFFING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, especially during a CTF game, when you and everyone else knows it, and even moreso if your tank is jumping around!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

My intention is to play this game for fun. Right now, though, I could go smash something, kick a couple of dogs, pour water into someones computer, and have a shootout with the police. Why? Because I just came off of ducati, where this was happening, by a regular player who knows better, who even reconnected in an attempt to stop the packet loss, yet who still stayed on even when that didn't work. It is this kind of BS that makes people want to quit. I could sure walk right now.

The last straw was when I shot through them, then, *after my bullets went through them* they shot me, and then they blew up from my shots (this was a couple minutes after I told them their tank was jumping around). I won't name them, because I don't hate them, but they do know that I do not complain about lag generally, and when I do it's obvious (like pointing out the dropped packets). Yet they continued to play, and that disregard and disrespect is what has me so pissed.
"My other tank is a sailboat..."
Chikorita
Private
Private

Post by Chikorita »

lol KR

*gives KR a chill pill(a.k.a. green Skittle)*

;)
Last edited by Chikorita on Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

I am also quite sick of people logging on to servers with high lag or lots of lost packets and they won't just sign off! Especially for ducati because it is a no jumping server it is very hard to play with these conditions. Maybe server operators could lower the lag limit and lag warn so that these people won't mess up a good game. It would also be nice if there was an option to kick people with too many lost packets.
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

*note to self*
dont piss KR off....LOL :)
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Probably a good idea ski ;) .
sussudio
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sussudio »

Things to do to avoid losing packets:

1) visit [url]http://dslreports.com/tweaks/[/url] and run the tweak tester. follow instructions.

2) visit [url]http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/[/url] and download AdAware to get rid of all the trojans you picked up by installing all the fuzzy cute 'free' thingies and things like kazaa.

3) run as little an amount of additional programs as possible while you're playing BZFlag. For example, running KaZaa while playing will make you look like you're having an epileptic seizure to the other players. Also, turn off all that instant messaging crud.

4) Defragmenting your harddisk on a regular basis is always good (for windoze users).
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

i havent had a prob with losing packets or anything but im gonna check those sites out..

Thanks!
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
The one and only ;-)
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The one and only ;-) »

Hmmm. Was that me? Could have been, I've done that. I usually try to limit how much I play when I'm jumpy (which seems to be frequent lately). I will NEVER carry the flag when I'm overly laggy or jumpy. (If I do, I don't know that my connection's messed -- just drop a note.) Likewise, I won't match with excessive lag or jumpiness.

All that said, try to be patient. If it's minor, let the guy play. If the guy is stuttering all over the place, let him know.

One thing I hear a lot is "how can I be jumpy, I've got low lag?" Well, jumpiness has NOTHING to do with lag. It's almost always due to client computer issues: something else running, weak computer, Winblows, etc. Sometimes, I *think* that it's due to packets getting randomly stalled in route, but I can't prove that.

One thing that often frustrates me is variable lag. You can't get a guy nailed down because his lag varies from 100 to 400 ms.

Ah well, such is bzflag...

;-)

P.S. Let me know if I'm obscenely jumpy, I'll either bail or try to handicap myself.
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

I don't mind it when people lag a little but when it goes above 350ms or they get really jumpy that annoys me. If you want to play BZ please get a decent connection, computer and graphics card.
Razzberry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Razzberry »

One word suggestion:

DECAF

:lol-old:
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

lol, I don't drink coffee! ;)