Newbie (to the board) Help me settle an argument...

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
FuzzBucket
Private
Private

Newbie (to the board) Help me settle an argument...

Post by FuzzBucket »

First of all, I would like to compliment all of you involved with the upkeep of this board. It has proven very usefull. Secondly, I would like to say that I have been playing BZ for almost 5 years now, but mostly on a LAN - been out in "the real world" a few times.

Anyway, here is what I want you guys to help me settle - an argument between me and my co-worker that has to do with BZFlag.

His claim is that the colors of the tanks affect the performance - particularly that the blue tank has the edge over other tanks (better control, thinner profile, etc.).

I say that this is horse hockey - color has nothing to do with how the tanks perform, and that the code doesn't have any differences between them (colors). A tank, is a tank, is a tank...

Can you guys please confirm this so that the argument will be over.

Thanks,
Fuzz Bucket
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the color is just color. All the stats for the tanks are the same. Unless somone is cheating. The drawing code just uses the team to color the model.

A number of people don't like the blue tank because the color does not show well on the radar background. So some feel that is an advantage. If it is, it's a human perception thing, not a code/gameplay based thing.
ImageJeffM