a point to bz?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

a point to bz?

Post by Ratatosk »

im not saying its a bad game but you really arent accomplishing anything by grabbing flags and shooting, i mean there is no way to win a game unless there is a limit
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

That is a problem with kids today... not everything is about winning. It's about having fun and how you play the game. You just aren't mature enough to get it yet...
The Frog Master
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Frog Master »

Yea, you dont have to win to have fun, I'm normally down the bottom of the list and I have a great time.
Ummmm, yea, errrrrr, hi, hey, is this thing on??
Probably not, oh well, ahhhh, wellll, the thing is... ahh tarnation, who cares.
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

Fair enough, Murtagh, you don't see the point of playing the game. Lets open the question to everyone:

Why do you play bz?
this signature intentionally left blank
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Tedius wrote:Fair enough, Murtagh, you don't see the point of playing the game. Lets open the question to everyone:

Why do you play bz?
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9831
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

It is not why, the question is, 'Why not?'
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

It's neither, I believe the question to be.... Do you enjoy BZFlag?

There's more than 'grabbing flags and shooting' in the land of BZ. It's alot more interactive than other games, ex. Making your own maps.
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chicken fingers »

look there are so many other levels to "grab a flag and shoot" besides thats not it u can jump get cool flgas kill so many people that everyone hates you. yiu can talk to friends you make maybe if you played youd like it and on the other hand if you don't like it why did u register??

P.S. if that your dog corgis are awsome!!!
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

chicken fingers wrote: look there are so many other levels to "grab a flag and shoot" besides thats not it u can jump get cool flgas kill so many people that everyone hates you. yiu can talk to friends you make maybe if you played youd like it and on the other hand if you don't like it why did u register??

Kill people that hate you? Isn't really a 'good' BZFlag trait :P Though, anger is a scary common factor in BZFlag! I know....I've been on the recieving end of it :shock:
chicken fingers wrote:P.S. if that your dog corgis are awsome!!!
What does that mean? :?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

One of the nice things about BZFlag is you can play for 12 minutes... or 12 houirs as I have done.

The game is set up so you can have fun no matter what you are doing, you don't need retarded story plots that take up 1/2 of your time *cough* super paper mario*cough*.

If you want that, you could write up some sort of patch, but meh (doubt it would be accepted, anyways.). I think that if that's what your looking for in a game, go somewhere else.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

STORYLINE: You have a tank that shoots balls of light. Everyone dies. The end.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Master Kenobi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Master Kenobi »

blast wrote:STORYLINE: You have a tank that shoots balls of light. Everyone dies. The end.

Blast, I like this quote. It is so imformative! lol!
But maybe if you are not enjoying the game tell a friend about it and maybe you will play against eachother, and since you have been playing for a while, you will beat him!!!! So if you don't like this game, try to play something else, like World of Warcraft or Runescape. :lol-old:
Star Wars Rocks your Socks, and so does Bzflag. :-{) (Mustache)

Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

donny_baker wrote:That is a problem with kids today... not everything is about winning. It's about having fun and how you play the game. You just aren't mature enough to get it yet...
not true... i rarely win and still think its fun. All im saying is that your team or you enemys team never win... one just puls ahead untill one is so far behind that everyone leaves. It would be more significant if eventually a winner was established and a new game could begin
AAA
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by AAA »

It's about teamwork, and having fun.
If you are in a league, it is about winning (1vs1 league here).

What is wrong with super paper Mario? Though I do say, the original Paper Mario and it's sequel was better.

Could it be possible to turn BZFlag into an RPG?
You get HP, stats, and upgrades in the form of access to flags.
You just need some way to load worlds without re-joining.
Admin and Senior Vice Executive Administrator of Network and System Architecture @ BZFX -- Core Admin @ CAN -- SF.net user diamondmagic -- irc.freenode.net nickname AAA_awright (#bzfx if not #bzflag)
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Murtagh wrote:
donny_baker wrote:That is a problem with kids today... not everything is about winning. It's about having fun and how you play the game. You just aren't mature enough to get it yet...
not true... i rarely win and still think its fun. All im saying is that your team or you enemys team never win... one just puls ahead untill one is so far behind that everyone leaves. It would be more significant if eventually a winner was established and a new game could begin
Go join a league.

www.gu.bzleague.com
http://my.bzflag.org/league/

Probably others too, just these are more active...GU being the most active.

EDIT: Doh! AAA beat me to it.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Murtagh wrote:not true... i rarely win and still think its fun. All im saying is that your team or you enemys team never win... one just puls ahead untill one is so far behind that everyone leaves. It would be more significant if eventually a winner was established and a new game could begin
Hmmm... sounds like real life.... people pull ahead, people fall back... everything has it's ups and downs... no one ever really wins....
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

donny_baker wrote:no one ever really wins....
+1 Insightful
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chicken fingers »

murogh if you don't liek the game why did u register i think thats pretty wierd.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

chicken fingers wrote:murogh if you don't liek the game why did u register i think thats pretty wierd.
Woot for not reading the first post!
Murtagh wrote:im not saying its a bad game
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

AAA wrote:Could it be possible to turn BZFlag into an RPG?
You get HP, stats, and upgrades in the form of access to flags.
You just need some way to load worlds without re-joining.
Possible, but there aren't many games like BZ around, so it's good the way it is.
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

donny_baker wrote:
Murtagh wrote:not true... i rarely win and still think its fun. All im saying is that your team or you enemys team never win... one just puls ahead untill one is so far behind that everyone leaves. It would be more significant if eventually a winner was established and a new game could begin
Hmmm... sounds like real life.... people pull ahead, people fall back... everything has it's ups and downs... no one ever really wins....
mmmm so bz is a metaphor?
QuantumBeep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by QuantumBeep »

If you play Capture the Flag games, the point is more visible. You want your team to have more points than their team.

If playing seems random and pointless to you, try some of the "elitist" games, like GamesUnited (GU) or Hepcat. Those offer a *much* greater challenge than, say, The Passion of the Free For All.
Save the trees, wipe your butt with an owl.
If catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Proud member of the Mofo Cabal<br>
<br>
OK thats ENUTH OUTA YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - smartkid
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

yes i understand the points and everything...BUT IT NEVER ENDS! no one wins the game just continues into the future and still has an undecided winner.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Murtagh wrote:yes i understand the points and everything...BUT IT NEVER ENDS! no one wins the game just continues into the future and still has an undecided winner.
welcome to the point of all multi-player FPS games.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Murtagh wrote:yes i understand the points and everything...BUT IT NEVER ENDS! no one wins the game just continues into the future and still has an undecided winner.
Obviously you haven't understood my point, or any of the others here. There are no winners or losers when playing on public servers like mofo, norang, tadd's, etc. You just come and go, in the game, as you have time. There is ebb and flow, ups and downs, no one really wins, no one really loses...

If there were set times when you joined and ended (read LEAGUES), then there can be winners and losers, but not when you come and go as you please.

All of these points have been presented above, and everyone seems to agree with them but you . :)
Last edited by joevano on Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.