***How to stop people multi-flagging??**

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Your Deed
Private First Class
Private First Class

***How to stop people multi-flagging??**

Post by Your Deed »

I have been playing a couple of time when someone has multi-flagged (having laser while flying with wings or any other two flags) and the way I see it, there needs to be a system in place so we dont have major cheaters doing that.

My question is:
Is there any permanent way to stop this or are we going to have to use the old baning process?

Thanks Deed :? :?
!!Bang Bang boom boom!!

-Nooo!!!
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Other than banning what would you suggest? Multi-flagging is called cheating. It is not something that accidentally happens, it is a planned event that reqires programming skills. You ban cheaters... that's about all you can do.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Unless there is a way to detect a cheat client, the only way I know of is to ban them when you see them.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Currently, way too much of the game is client side - for example, YOU tell the server when you get hit.
So anyone with a little programming knowledge can cheat - for example, you would just remove the section of code that tells the server when you get hit.
The plan is to move as much as possible to being server side which should help prevent a lot of cheating.
Hopefully we'll see this in 2.2 with a prop-break.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Master Kenobi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Master Kenobi »

this same thing happened to me on Missle War. A guy was using sb while he was inside my base. It is major cheating, and , as donny said before, banning them might be the only thing to do. If it ever happenes again talk privately to an admin or leave a report (Press z). Hope u don't see it again! 8)
Star Wars Rocks your Socks, and so does Bzflag. :-{) (Mustache)

Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Isn't it possible for a player on "Missile War" to grab SB, move into an enemy's base, and start camping. Unless there are some special flag zones in place that are designed to prevent this, I don't see how this would be cheating, unless there's something else I'm missing.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

A Distraction wrote:Isn't it possible for a player on "Missile War" to grab SB, move into an enemy's base, and start camping. Unless there are some special flag zones in place that are designed to prevent this, I don't see how this would be cheating, unless there's something else I'm missing.
Yes, this is possible with a modified cheat client, unfortunately... they sit inside the front corner of the base or below the WG and SW towers.
CloakerGirl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CloakerGirl »

I agree with most of the people who have posted so far. The only way we can stop people from cheating right now is to ban them, but as most of you know, that isn't always effective enough. I am looking forward to the next version, where hopefully it will be a little more controllable. Have fun!
:D
Admin @ Inferno's Close Combat CTF

Every time you kill a teammate, a puppy dies.
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

A Distraction wrote:Isn't it possible for a player on "Missile War" to grab SB, move into an enemy's base, and start camping. Unless there are some special flag zones in place that are designed to prevent this, I don't see how this would be cheating, unless there's something else I'm missing.
I agree, there is nothing--absolutely nothing at all--that is cheating about an enemy using SB while inside your base. I may already have SB before I jumped in, or, I may have come in with some other flag (or no flag), dropped it, and picked up SB. Are we missing something?
Retired Army--Proud to have served
Armored Cavalry Crewman, 1981-1984 (M60A5)
Infantry Officer & Paratrooper, 1984-1986
US Army Ranger & Sniper, 1986-1989 (LRSD)

Water Cooled 8-Core Ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.7GHz | Radeon RX590 GPU | 43" 4K Monitor
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

I think we are missing something. You may not like it, but as far as I know, there's no rule or restriction against it.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

Hannibal wrote:I think we are missing something.

I think Master Kenobi meant inside the base as in OO+SB.
CloakerGirl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CloakerGirl »

I think Master Kenobi meant inside the base as in OO+SB.
I think you are right. Otherwise, I don't think Master Kenobi would have told us otherwise. But I do think you should have made it clearer, Master Kenobi. :wink:
Admin @ Inferno's Close Combat CTF

Every time you kill a teammate, a puppy dies.