help

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Iron Cross
Private
Private

help

Post by Iron Cross »

just wondering if any one knows why i cant access certain games even though ive registered my callsighn
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

It would be nice if you could give us a specific error message you recieve when you try to join certain games.

Make sure you have both your callsign and password that you use on the forums entered in correctly in the join game menu. If you do that and it still doesn't work, try looking here: http://my.bzflag.org/w/Common_Support_I ... dentifying
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

when you play, is there a small + sign next to your name in the servers player list? If so, I dont know whats up, but if not, you need to make sure you've entered your callsign and password correctly.

Hope I helped!
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

I don't know if this is what's wrong, but some servers will only let certain people in (I think). Maybe it would help if you gave us the names of the servers that you couldn't get into. Also, there are some times when servers are down, It would really help if you gave us the exact error message, like A Distraction said.
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

What Quantum Tank is saying is that certain servers are "match servers" which only let people play who are on a list and if your name is not on that list, you cant play or talk. These types of servers for the most part are league servers and you must be in that league, registered, to play there.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

nobody can really help you that much unless you give us the exact error message that you get because there could be a few reasons.

BZTANK.NET ADMIN - THE PLACE TO BE!!!!