mousegrab help?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
jred
Private
Private

mousegrab help?

Post by jred » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:13 pm

I'm running XP on a dual monitor setup. When bzflag starts up fullscreen, it only takes up one screen (which is the way I like it). The only problem is, the second monitor is still there, so the mouse isn't locked into bzflag, so you can accidentally drag it to the second monitor, attempt to fire which clicks on the second monitor's desktop, which minimizes bzflag, causes me to miss (that's my excuse, anyway :) ) and basically gets annoying. I used to have the mousegrab setting turned on, which fixed it on win2k, but I can't remember/figure out how to turn in on now. Any ideas?
Thanks
jred

jred
Private
Private

Post by jred » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:39 pm

Still no ideas?

Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:57 pm

guess so.....
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........

Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Defman » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:50 pm

can't say I would be any help, but a friend has dual monitors and IRC goes in and disables monitor #2 somehow thru display properties/graphic card settings (nvidia) - mind you it is a dual head graphics card.

Suppose it all depends on what your card offers in the area of graphic settings...

Just OTH

Def

jred
Private
Private

Post by jred » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:33 pm

I *could* do that. But mousegrab is in the docs, the docs just aren't very clear. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have it working on an earlier version. I'm going to wait & see if the new version that's about to come out does any better.