quality levels/fps

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

quality levels/fps

Post by Grumbler »

ok, this might get ugly.

I was playing on hashmark last night. Now, previously in the evening I dropped my quality level in options from high -> medium. This brought my fps up to 170 fps............from ~100, maybe more, I didnt record it at the time, I will tonight.

...........what I did noticed is that certain situations where I would expect to die, I didnt and I was able to escape. now it could have been server lag, or the other players lag, but it was just odd.

now, I would request that if you play normally with a high quality level, try dropping it to medium and see if things play differently for you...........fyi, i was still running with textures.

for those who dont know what the differences between the two levels are.........................

1. no mountains in the background in medium
2. no complex explosions in medium(which is nice because you dont get blinded by the smoke and such)
3. no missle trails in medium.

give it a shot and see what happens.
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
daBomb (no more)
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by daBomb (no more) »

ah you cheater ;) you mustn't do that again ;)
bottom
rr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rr »

holy hell... that removes every annoying thing that i hate about the game with the exception of the yellow when youre to close to a teleporter.

looks like medium quality is the place to be.
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

When I go to medium quality my frame rate goes up but when I die it goes way down. I have textures on.