[dmp] ladder changes

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

[dmp] ladder changes

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

hey [dmp],

noticed the ladder has changed alot regarding kill ratios. is there a new formula or just a cleanup?

all the super high ratios are gone, and seemingly its more ctf or ducati 5155 (FFA) ratios seem to be the major players. sup sup??

tnx
sm
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

Looks to me like most of the FFA servers that the league site is monitoring are down, except for quol and ducati. I don't know whcih servers are popular. Maybe ask [dmp] to omintor other servers instead. Or will those servers which look dead in the ladder site be back?
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Yeah, alot of the servers with people on them all the time aren't being monitored (secretplace, hashmark, etc.)
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

I've stopped just adding servers as i did before. I like to get the owners permission first, before adding it to the ladders. .. and I have no idea who owns what :-|

btw: Servers marked with "offline" means, _I_ disabled all communication to it. "Down" is when the server cant connect to them (but it will continue to try).
I don't need huge pictures here.
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

The ladder is offline. Are you going to put it back up again? If not could somebody host it? I really like it!
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

yeah now its down for possibly good eh? this is the message on the website:
"Ladder is down. Not sure when or if it will be up again."

sm
oi!
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Status of the ladders: Not really decided yet.

Post by [dmp] »

Status of the ladders: Not really decided yet.

To make a long story short. I did manage to reinstall the server (on a new disk) and within 20 hours the old one disk seemed to crash, as the data-collectors didnt exit (they just hang - eating up resources) which eventually made the server swap ALOT,so much I had to wait 4 mins to execute my first command.. As it was continuing to spawn more data-collectors the problem just got worse.. I cutted the power and the bios couldnt recognize my old disk again (tried a few times).. So it was disconnected to let hte server boots.

Today the disk seems to work again - I guess it overheated. Anyway, I cant affort to buy new hardware so I wont risk continue running the collector-scripts. I knew they are very fragile, but had some internal checks to avoid this situation. For some reason everything just failed yesterday night on the new setup. I cant figure out. :(

Writing a real collector-script (the old is a hacked bzfquery.pl script) is a must before i continue. The problems is, that I might not have the time in the near future. I had just hoped that current hack would last until 1.9 is released.
I don't need huge pictures here.
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

UGH!

I can only imagine the headache you had.....
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Sorry about that [dmp]. Hope it all works out for you. :)