Problem when saving world, textures not downloaded

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
javawizard2539
Private First Class
Private First Class

Problem when saving world, textures not downloaded

Post by javawizard2539 »

I read somewhere that there are supposed to be 2 folders under your My BZFlag files folder after you save a world with textures, worlds and textures. I have saved around 15 worlds, most of which have textures, but the textures are not getting saved. I searched my entire hard disk without any results. Any suggestions?
z[h]ero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by z[h]ero »

Textures are in:

Code: Select all

/My BZFlag Files/cache/http/<server name>/...
Wirth's law: "Software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster."
blast
General
General

Re: Problem when saving world, textures not downloaded

Post by blast »

javawizard2539 wrote:I read somewhere that there are supposed to be 2 folders under your My BZFlag files folder after you save a world with textures, worlds and textures. I have saved around 15 worlds, most of which have textures, but the textures are not getting saved. I searched my entire hard disk without any results. Any suggestions?
The textures are not saved when you save a world. The world file should still point to the correct URL for the images though.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

javawizard2539
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by javawizard2539 »

Thanks. The cache thing works great. I'm going to write a program that converts the URLs in a world to point to the cache. I'll post it here once I get it done incase anyone else would find it useful.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Why would you change them? If the computer is connected to the web, it will just grab them. I believe it will grab them from the cache if they have already been downloaded anyway.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
javawizard2539
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by javawizard2539 »

In this case, the computer won't be connected to the internet. It will be 3 people using laptops connected together via an Ethernet hub. But anyway, i checked and it doesn't appear to use the cache if it's not the original server, but thanks anyway