Accused to be a cheater

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Trojan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Accused to be a cheater

Post by Trojan »

Hi,

I am playing BZFLAG since years, perhaps some of you know me.

Today I played one of these new servers, where "The Skillet..." seems to be an admin. I shot him, was on first place and perhaps that has been a problem for Skillet, he accused me to be a cheater.

I have no problem with it in general, but if admins warn me and accuse me to be a cheater in public, that's very rude and IMHO not ok.

Btw: I got 40 times killed, 7 times by "The Skillet...". I'am playing this game since years just for having fun and I am sick of these people who just think they are the best and anybody is cheating who perhaps has more skill than theirselves (or just luck sometimes, or just a better day...).

So, what I want to say is: in the future, please check which people get admin rights more proper.

Thanks,

Andy (Trojan)
Cya,

Trojan
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Defman »

Howdy Trojan!

long time no see!

Yeah, there is a new bunch of players out there - and as usual, everybody needs to learn how to spot true cheaters again. This is still happening, even a year later (seems like a year or so since I last saw you)

Even an experienced bz'er/admin can sometimes make the mistake of labeling someone is a cheater. I wasn't at the server you were playing at so I can't say what happened...but I agree that an admin shouldn't go running around a stating who they think is a cheater. They should just take care of business and do with it with as little of chat as possible ie; warnings and such.

Nice to see you are still around though Trojan!
Trojan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Trojan »

Hi Defman,

first thanks a lot for your reply!

And very nice to see you again, too! I just didn't play a couple of weeks/months, but it's nice to see all the "old" people here and in bz servers! :)

Perhaps we'll play together later, actually I miss the famous servers like razzberrys world, decks etc. :roll:
Cya,

Trojan
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

They accused to be a cheater......me tooo, but I dont care.
When your soul is ok when you are using a "clean" client you are innocent.
Welcome.
Rebel Chikorita

Post by Rebel Chikorita »

yea Welcome to da Wrongly-Accused-of-Cheatin-Club... O:)

(yo dats WACC! LoL)

;)

itz a fun lil place wher admins turn against honest playerz who r actually against cheaterz , while da real cheaterz r laffin at us fightin each otha...
rr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rr »

I just look at it as a compliment, they think that there is no possible way that you can be that much better than them so they accuse you (wrongfully) of cheating.

It's also fun to make a game out of it, join a server and see how long it takes for someone to accuse you of cheating (without actually cheating of course).
Nidhoggr
General Bandwidth
General Bandwidth

Post by Nidhoggr »

It's been a subject of conversation on the secretplace/dragon.org admin mailing list lately. We just find it strange that you have a nearly 50-0 score, and an admin goes into observer, and seconds later you get killed. With a general kill ratio of 40:1 on a server that is almost pure carnage, and you're not camping, it's hard to believe that it's pure skill.

The admin who accused you publicly missed the key to send to nemesis, and accidentally hit public. He feels really bad about that, but it doesn't explain your superhuman scores/kill ratios. I've consistantly monitored lag at these times, and there were not any undue drops in response. A number of users have complained that they shot right through you and you haven't died. Lag can certainly do this, but our lagwarn is generally set fairly reasonable. Are you getting a lot of warnings about lag?

-Cameron (Nidhoggr)
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

accused

Post by sid6.7 »

yeah,

there are ALOT of people accusing lately, when its just lag..
but then there are alot of cheaters too...its a real thin line
to get it right or wrong..we do our best...

as for a score of 40-0 i've done that a number of times
and even higher my best was 79-0 till i got nixed...1/2
the players were robots though easy pick'ns...so its possible
but does draw attention to you...ive seen duchtrai get
to like 109-0 before...duchtrai is an evil evil little man!!!!
doh!!! :)

there is a couple things that look like cheating that folks
should be aware of...lag,lost packets,number of players
the server can handle..

and sometimes even a few MS of 10-20 is enough lag
to get you screwed in a game...i'd go to another server then...

generally with lag the player
does not smoothly move from one spot to another..
unlike a cheater that zip's accross the screen with super
speed...or small bursts of speed..or the teleport cheat
where their in one spot then in another without moving..

as long as there is a website to go plead your case
i would not worry to much...

i just ignore it when accused mostly...
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

its a real thin line
to get it right or wrong..we do our best...
Yes its a really thin line ...rasor .
My kill ratio is great sometimes and I dont run away when an Admin popup in the server.
Trojan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Trojan »

Hi,

NID: I don't know who is an admin and who not, it's not interesting for me, I just want to play.

Seems to be hard to understand, and I don't believe if you say "others accused me to be cheater too". That's not true, nobody else said sth. like that (at least not in public) and actually I want to have fun while playing, not getting best score.

Actually, I didn't play for a long time because of people like "The ... skillet" - people, who just can accuse others as cheaters. I hoped people would be in an adult manner now, about 6 months later - but ok, it's not and I'll quit playing BZ again.

The game is cool, but whiners, cheaters and people who just accuse others make me sick playing this game.

And "The holy ... skillet" just got angry because of he was to slow for hunting me with laser. I shot him by rico and his ego wasn't able to accept that. Sorry for these kids, but I miss playing with honest players like snow_monkey, defman, razzberry, taz, bzgirl, ginku, the zees (fanta and bee), d:op... Perhaps we'll have a "honest players only" server in the future with all these people and lots more I didn't mention now...

But while there are admins out who cannot accept to getting killed it's a game without the importantst factor of a game: fun.
Cya,

Trojan
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

The end.
will be great to play with you.
Ok lets go to play.
HAve fun
Rebel Chikorita

Post by Rebel Chikorita »

if shots seem to go thru sum1 , itz a clue right ther to check 4 lag , dat way u wil kno 4 sure . itz not difficult...

1. /lagstats

2. CLIENTQUERY

3. warning

4. boot

5. temp. ban

6. banish

im sure Trojan iz a very good player ;) he's an old bz skool player ;)
a 40-0 kill ratio iz not unrealistic...
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

I agree with you guys...a kill ratio like that isn't that hard to get. I have gone WAY higher than that without getting killed. Anyway, I look forward to playing against all of you! I was taking a break from playing bz and now am back and ready to play again!!! :D
Noodleroni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Noodleroni »

/me 's never gotten over 10-1

I think I'll go kick my butt now.
Razzberry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Razzberry »

Trojan is a very good player and I concur that it would be easy for him to go 40-0 on a server full of newbs.

That would be like a fox in the chickencoop.

Good to see you back around guy!

--Razz
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

Trojan, if you are talking about The Holy Iron Skillet, then that explains it. All I have to say is that he wanted to have a vote to temporarily ban a person who was lagging.
And I know you weren't cheating because I used to play with you on Turkey and I respected you as a skilled player I needed to watch out for. Thats my two cents.
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

Nidhoggr wrote:It's been a subject of conversation on the secretplace/dragon.org admin mailing list lately. We just find it strange that you have a nearly 50-0 score, and an admin goes into observer, and seconds later you get killed. With a general kill ratio of 40:1 on a server that is almost pure carnage, and you're not camping, it's hard to believe that it's pure skill.

The admin who accused you publicly missed the key to send to nemesis, and accidentally hit public. He feels really bad about that, but it doesn't explain your superhuman scores/kill ratios. I've consistantly monitored lag at these times, and there were not any undue drops in response. A number of users have complained that they shot right through you and you haven't died. Lag can certainly do this, but our lagwarn is generally set fairly reasonable. Are you getting a lot of warnings about lag?

-Cameron (Nidhoggr)
howdy,

i must say its not hard for me to imagine Trojan's score. i've played against him for many years dating back to decks and the cell(my old server running madcity, etc) server. and sure, he is in another country and lag effects happen. but i personally can tell you he is a skilled, and very deadly player who WILL make you pay for any mistakes made on the battlefield, just as a players like Razzberry and CapN will on FFA jump servers.

this past month i got kicked off one server, and was accused of cheating by another player. pretty much the usual; disbelief in tank skills...its very laughable :) sometimes it makes me killl more!

laterz skaterz
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

If you playing on the same server you know the people on it...and they know you.
Its normal when they accuse someone to be a cheater........
But is unacceptable when they kick/ban you out just because there is a screaming whiny baby loser in the server.
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

karma i guess

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

SGI wrote:If you playing on the same server you know the people on it...and they know you.
Its normal when they accuse someone to be a cheater........
But is unacceptable when they kick/ban you out just because there is a screaming whiny baby loser in the server.
the funniest part about getting kicked off the server, was that it was a person who HAS been caught cheating before :)
karma..

sm
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

i am telling you guys! you need to play more CTF! that way we can have more matches! sure you can play this "FFA" game (what ever the heck that is) every once in a while, but we need more teams to join the league :)

PS: snow_monkey, u rock man, come back home to where you belong :)

DB
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

Some FFa servers I play on because of the atmosphere. Like secretplace.us, it is usually clean and when you need an admin, you usually know where one is. I love secretplace and I hope it sticks around. Thanks Nid. :)