Missing Maps

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Hekate
Private First Class
Private First Class

Missing Maps

Post by Hekate »

Hi,

I am missing two maps which are obviously not longer on. One was called (so far as I can remember) 'Shot Dodge Tower (Port: 9200) and the other 'Party Time, jumping skillz' (Port: 9020).

Especially the last one I miss really badly, because nearly every thing I know about jumping I learned on this map, on my own (hard work ;) and with the help of other players. Still i didn't make it to the top till now, that is, I have to learn a lot more.

Now I just want to ask if anybody knows what happened with this maps. Why they are not longer on and whether they will come back.

Thank you
Hekate
z[h]ero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Missing Maps

Post by z[h]ero »

Party Time, jumping skillz:
Typing the title of your desired map into the search box of this forum leads to:
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... lz#p119322
I suggest to contact the people of that topic, as they could know further informations which could help you. (You could PM them)

Additionally google showed the following information about the map-title:

Code: Select all

unstable-bzflag.servegame.org:9020  66.76.118.56  Party TIME :: Jumping Skillz! 1.71 Checkpoints {Level Easy} {Rotation} (hosting
So detecting and contacting the user/owner of "unstable-bzflag.servegame.org" is the key, too.

However I havn't any clues about "'Shot Dodge Tower", as I couldn't find spontaneously any informations about it.
Wirth's law: "Software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster."
Hekate
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Missing Maps

Post by Hekate »

Thank you verry much for your help Z[h]ero. I wrote a PM to Sigonasr2, maybe he knows something about the map, we will see.
:)
Hekate