Voting

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
blast
General
General

Re: Voting

Post by blast »

No, at least not in 2.0.x.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

scorchgeek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by scorchgeek »

blast wrote:
Positive Gravity wrote:
Ratfink wrote:My god! Anyone who is lame enough to steal the callsigns of good players should rot in hell for all eternity! If someone did that with MY callsign, I'd take personal responsibility to get him forever banned from playing this game EVER AGAIN IN HIS LIFE!
Huh? what callsign?
The ones in the screenshot with the minus sign, I assume.
I was on Castle Warfare (IIRC) the other day when there were two players with the exact same callsign (I forget who), each with minus signs. They were having a public argument about who was the "real" one, with frequent additions by others. I finally suggested that whoever actually had the callsign registered should log off and put the right password in (to prove his identity). He did, and thus the argument was solved. But why can't there be some way to prevent someone from using a registered callsign without the password? That would completely prevent this, except for people who reverse names, change single letters, etc. (which is the topic of another rant which I don't feel like writing :).)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

That's possible if you add the requireIdentify permission to the verified group. It will require that a user properly authenticate before they can spawn. It won't, however, prevent them from talking.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)