Does Sourceforge suck?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
jweeks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Does Sourceforge suck?

Post by jweeks »

Why is Sourceforge always down? I can't download any BZFlag patches. Why? Why? Why?
magnificat
Private
Private

Post by magnificat »

Really? I can't remember SourceForge *ever* being down. But maybe I've just gotten lucky.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I've seen it down a few times, but never for very long. For the most part, I think the're doing a good job. I don't imagine it's easy hosting over 75,000 projects. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

jweeks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jweeks »

blast wrote:I've seen it down a few times, but never for very long. For the most part, I think the're doing a good job. I don't imagine it's easy hosting over 75,000 projects. ;)
I am wrong. I thought when I couldn't download any BZflag patches from SourceForge it was SourceForge fault, because the BZFlag insiders used SourceForge problems as an excuse in the past for not being able to get 1.10.4 posted. Funny thing is, it is only the BZFlag patches that I can't download.
Noodleroni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Noodleroni »

Sheesh, jweeks, you need to have an attitude adjustment...
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

Here's a quick thought: if you have such a massive problem with bzflag, or the developers, please grab some source or (GASP!) write your own, free, online 3d tank battle game, and show us your superior coding / project management skills. I.E. put up or shut up.

One more negative or derogatory word out of you, and I do believe that you will not be able to visit here anymore. You already have an indicator of your parting based on your rank title, so I'm sure that the other admins have been contemplating it.

The devs work on this in their free time, and frankly, I - nor anyone else here - who doesn't actively contribute to the codebase, or to bzflag in any way, doesn't have the luxury of critique.

Peace
Fiber
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
Registered Linux User: 296546
Machines: 181776 181777 181778
jweeks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jweeks »

Fiberchunks wrote:Here's a quick thought: if you have such a massive problem with bzflag, or the developers, please grab some source or (GASP!) write your own, free, online 3d tank battle game, and show us your superior coding / project management skills. I.E. put up or shut up.

One more negative or derogatory word out of you, and I do believe that you will not be able to visit here anymore. You already have an indicator of your parting based on your rank title, so I'm sure that the other admins have been contemplating it.

The devs work on this in their free time, and frankly, I - nor anyone else here - who doesn't actively contribute to the codebase, or to bzflag in any way, doesn't have the luxury of critique.

Peace
Fiber
You are completely correct. I should write my own game.
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

I had same problem

Post by Gerbil »

I had two differnt times for several days each time where I would get "file not found" when I tried to download bzflag patches.

Just fyi.
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

HEEEEEEEY!

Post by Gerbil »

I just read the above post and noticed for the first time---How come I am only a corporal!?

Oh the gerbilmanity!
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

mwahaha, thatl be enough soldier!
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Ah'll Beee Bhaaaack!

Post by Gerbil »

Just remember that NApoleon and my own mother started iut as corporals puny hoo-mahns!

Rodent Revolution!
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

...pssst....psst.......

kill the rat!
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........