What are missing shot IDs?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
danimal
Private First Class
Private First Class

What are missing shot IDs?

Post by danimal »

I was playing on the grassroots server today, when some one said that there was a cheater present, because there were missing shot IDs or something like that. I asked there, but then someone pointed the finger at me, which was completly false (i don't cheat... i play fair). I was just wondering what they meant by missing shot ID's?
rcx21000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rcx21000 »

I don't exactly know, but it sounds like every shot in BZFlag has an ID, so the comp can track it.... And mabye missing shot ID would mean that you shoot a bullet with an ID of another bullet currently on screen? (If you have lots of lag, mabye you could shoot with ID #1 after someone else does, cuz your comp doesn't know that the other person has yet???)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I haven't heard of missing shot IDs, but I have heard of invalid shot IDs. An invalid shot ID is like when someone tries to shoot a 5th bullet on a 4 shot server. This involves a hacked client. (a.k.a cheat client) That should be blocked by the server, unless someone found a flaw.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

it could be a reference to laggy clients, where the person who killed someone is reported as (UNKNOWN), i have seen that one.
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........