Registered......

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
kA b00m
Private
Private

Registered......

Post by kA b00m »

I have noticed that many players are registered but not doing anything about it. Ok, so lets get this straight: Bzflag is completely free and requires no registery to play it. Register on bzflag allows you to vote, post topics, and keep your callsign, but many admins will ban imposters (plus become admin and join groups but....). The thing is, if you do not post topics or vote, then why register at all? I see many,many people never vote. Even when it is nessesary people just will not vote. Is it just because you can't stop for 5 seconds when you die or just stop and type in: /vote (yes or no)? Or what is it? It just gets me annoyed when people do not vote when you are trying to kick/ban someone who is causing trouble or you want to see what everybody thinks about an idea. It does not take that long. If you have the right and are able to do so, then why not? I posted this just to get my idea and thought out. Not to really go after people.

P.S. I wasn't sure where to put this so please don't comment about tht. Thanks :)
joevano
General
General

Re: Registered..

Post by joevano »

Many people do not know how to vote. It is not intuitive in our game. Nor does the game make it real obvious that a poll is going on. Unless you are reading everything on the screen and the chat you will not know.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

You don't HAVE to register, but why not? You get a whole load of perks, including the ones you mentioned. You need to be registered to play in pretty much all the leagues, other players can contact you via the PM system, you can be whitelisted from incorrect bans, you get access to these forums - a few servers even require you to be registered to talk or spawn. All this for about two minutes worth of registration? Why not?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Not having the time, or the patience to register is probably the silliest thing Ive ever heard. It takes mearly 2 minutes to register, and you have alot more capabilities...

*use of forums
*ability to use the PM system
*privilege to join a leauge and match
*given set of perms on servers (varies)
*much more

these are a few. yes it includes the ability to vote. the game doesnt show voting as an important feature. Yes you should be invovled in a poll to ban a cheater, but is it a requirement? No.

lep