Dutchrai pages found.

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Dutchrai pages found.

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I thought that the guide(s) to playing BZFlag by Dutchrai were really helpful - unfortunately, they're no longer at their original site
(e.g. http://www.shellshock.dutchrai.com/guides-basics.htm).

However, web.archive.org does have old web content, and a large (and useful) percentage of the content is at:
http://web.archive.org/web/200306291209 ... uction.htm
(watch the word wrap).

I've grabbed copies of these, just to make sure they're not lost, and everything seems to pretty much be there but the images. I don't know if anyone would be inspired to come up with new imagery, but it'd be nice to have these on the web again (with permission, I'd hope - but I know of no way to reach Raimond "Dutchrai" Kühlman). Indeed if we could reach him, we might be able to get clean copies of the pages.

I'd be willing to provide space on one of my servers to host the pages, but it's not likely I'll have time to edit them into something coherent or complete.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Thx for finding this. I grabbed a copy of the files as well. I'm gonna do some digging around on my hard drives to see if I can find the images and javascript files. I had a habbit in the past of setting the internet cache setting insanely high, so I might still be able to find it on one of my previous Windows installs.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Burned Account -CNG- »

great job, glad you found them, you dont know how many time ive been searching in google for stuff that used to be on shellshock
Do not enable this account with out admin aproval
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Searched my 60GB drive, and I found the javascript file that was used for the menu. So far that's all I've found besides the HTML files. I still have another 60 or more GB of storage I can look through. Just have to get some old hard drives plugged back in. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Whoohoo! I found a good portion of the image files. I'll attach them here. The HTML files on the archive site need a lot of editing before they will work with these images. If I get time I might work on that.
Attachments
datafiles.zip
Images, Scripts, and CSS files from Dutchrai's old Shellshock site
(52.92 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

woohoo

Post by sid6.7 »

GOOD JOB

there are more if you take off the HTML and just go
plain shellshock.com

http://web.archive.org/web/200306291209 ... chrai.com/

like that...
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Yep, I have about 46 HTML files right now.

dS
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dS »

I would bet that dutchrai - at - yahoo.com is still a valid email address. It might save you some time.

dS
aka MadSanta
Noodleroni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Noodleroni »

A while back I was working on getting the shell shock pages ready so that I could get them online again, but I got distracted by something else :-) You can look at the two pages I did get fixed up at http://stats.bzflag.org/guides/
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Been doing a little work on converting the site to PHP. It's not done, but I probably won't be doing any more on it. If you want, you can check out what I have done. It'll be slow, cuz it's on dialup, and a lot of the links don't work. All but one of the reference pages are on there.

Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Dutch

Post by Gerbil »

I do believe that Dutch's old email at yahoo is still valid and I am as sure as I can be that he would be honored to have someone ressurect his site info (I emailed him about a month ago).

He is taking a break from BZ to take care of important stuff so be good you game boys and don't tempt him too much ;)