Censored and uncensored servers

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
WorldOfTanks23
Private First Class
Private First Class

Censored and uncensored servers

Post by WorldOfTanks23 »

I hate it that most of the servers have censorship on them because some people are complaining how there little kid brother is playing on it and their little ears can't cope with the bad language (like they never hear it in school).

Anyways, I don't mind this, but what bothers me it's mostly the servers with good maps on them that I want to play on that have censorhip and overzealous admins on them. How about creating two instances of each server map, maybe on different servers, where one of them is censored and the other one isn't, and that this is clearly marked in either the server list or through some program code (so a parent could, for example setup BZFlag such that only the censored server list is available for his / her child).
blast
General
General

Re: Censored and uncensored servers

Post by blast »

Or just learn to control what you say and follow the rules of the servers you join.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

WorldOfTanks23
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WorldOfTanks23 »

Well, I don't want to, because for me taunting my opponents is an integral part of the game.

Secondly, many people don't mind bad language or spamming and the ones that do are smart enough to find the 'K' button anyways.

What really gets me mad is that when a cheater appears there's ussually no admin to be found but when I badmouth someone I get banned. This has led me to believe that the cheaters are ussually the admins themselves.

That's why I believe there should be uncensored servers where the admins only focus on making sure no cheating takes place (which is a job unto itself since I've seen some very subtle forms of cheating, such as auto-jump, auto-fire and auto-aim which are difficult to prove).
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

Godson2 wrote:What really gets me mad is that when a cheater appears there's ussually no admin to be found but when I badmouth someone I get banned. This has led me to believe that the cheaters are ussually the admins themselves.
If it is a well-run server (which most are) then this is NOT the case.

The correct way to handle yourself in this type of situation is to report the cheater using /report, pm the server owner, or /msg an admin if one is on the server.

Bad language WILL get you banned.
Godson2 wrote:That's why I believe there should be uncensored servers where the admins only focus on making sure no cheating takes place (which is a job unto itself since I've seen some very subtle forms of cheating, such as auto-jump, auto-fire and auto-aim which are difficult to prove).
Auto-jump? Auto-fire? Auto-aim? How about people are just better then you. There are some servers (planet-mofo for example) where language is allowed, but cheating is not. If you really feel that strongly about this, only play there.

One last note: You can trust admins. On most servers (bzexcess.com, *.norang.ca, bzbattleground.com, bzextreme.com, bzaddict.net, bztank.net, to name a few) admins are picked well and they are trusted fully. They do not cheat and they will do what they think is right. If you have a problem, pm the server owner and do not go complaining on the forums. Servers are run independantly and they get to choose how they're run, as long as they do not violate the List Server Usage Policy.
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

Godson2 wrote:Well, I don't want to, because for me taunting my opponents is an integral part of the game.
same here, especially if it's a player my level or slightly higher and happens to be a friend, i can't help but rub it in when i'm winning. 8) then again, you don't really have to use those censored 'bad words' to have a satisfying taunting experience, believe me. :roll:
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

Green Manalishi wrote:if it's a player my level or slightly higher and happens to be a friend
Like me. ;)
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

mrapple wrote:
Green Manalishi wrote:if it's a player my level or slightly higher and happens to be a friend
Like me. ;)
only in lame game styles like ducati. :P you must have noticed i'm not adding much insult to your injury in jumping & power flag maps. ^^
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

If a server admin tells you to watch your language, watch your language. It doesn't matter if no one cares. It doesn't matter if people can silence you. It doesn't matter how much that player cheated. You are breaking a rule set by the server owner, and what you think about their rules honestly does not matter. You cannot break a law because you feel no one cares about it. Same thing here.

some very subtle forms of cheating, such as auto-jump, auto-fire and auto-aim which are difficult to prove).
Those aren't cheats. Those players are just better than you. Boo-hoo.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Godson2, how about you buy a server and run all the maps you want with your rules and settings? That would save you from getting banned by those "overzealous admins" who just so happen to be enforcing the rules set by the server owner.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Abominable
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Abominable »

I don't think it matters whether or not a server is censored. I mean, sure it's neat to be able to "spew" what you want while you're tanking it out, but who cares if you can't, it's all still the same thing. Honestly, servers with censorship will teach good "playing" ethic on new players or existing players. Would you really enjoy every server being bombarded with swearing and obscene profanities? I feel there are enough servers out there that allow the occasional swearing that us BZFlaggers may take this luxury into moderation.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Even at the servers that allow swearing liberally (MoFo), if you abuse the privilege, and are stupid about it, you will most likely get banned. Statements of religious or racial bigotry are not tolerated at all.
Server owners can do pretty much whatever they want with their bandwidth.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
BZFlag_user
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by BZFlag_user »

for my poor knowledge of English, and my poor vocabulary, I help you in Google Translator

I took a long time playing BZFlag on different server, in my beginnings mixed up all the strange bugs in the game as the Servers or Clients.
But then I started to see tips on Server as plug-ins, and Modified Clients,

For complaining of abuse have been repeatedly censured Barnes for the course or Guardians of the servers (including Cops, Admin or Admin privileges). But elder abuse is being censored on a public server.

Here 2 SHOOTCAPTURES, from Censure and theirs Level (UNCENSURE by now :lol-old: )

1- "here an argument against me, for reasons unknown to me. and accused me for a few more false grounds, that the word of Judas"

2- here one more deserved, and now, not consented to tolerate abuse of some big brothers, third-party players. I've gone from being censored and silenced, ....

...to be directly Locked to enter some server.
Who should really have the power to censure or censorship?
The power of the Big Brothers (Feudal or dictatorship), or the power of the people (democracy)

At some point, one comes to rebel against abuses by government and some Big Brother

I have used over the e-mail, my id to bypass censorship, but I'm just a user, and if the government is corrupt, what else can be done against abuse?

:doh: :rip:
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Who should really have the power to censure or censorship?
All the pictures shown involve MW2.3, blast, and mrapple. Blast is the server owner of Missile War 2.3 and he can do whatever he feels like on his server. It's his and he can make all the rules he likes.

Who can censor content? The server owner and his admins. He appoints them to uphold the rules he makes.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

TASAIRES: you were banned from that server because you accused everyone better than you of cheating. (More or less.) Sorry if you don't understand english that well, but the language barrier isn't so thick that it should take you more than a year to figure this out.

Stop accusing everyone of cheating, and you won't be censored.
BZFlag_user
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by BZFlag_user »

me1 wrote:TASAIRES: you were banned from that server because you accused everyone better than you of cheating. (More or less.) Sorry if you don't understand english that well, but the language barrier isn't so thick that it should take you more than a year to figure this out.

only accuse those who use them!
Do not do it for my taste, if not disgust them

Just for the abuse, someone who comes in as anonymous players, and lacking the rules of each server, and then some "Big Brother" appear pissed off, for the shares as a registered user exerted against these anonymous players.

[As you can see and understand I am required to know all the names of players Anonymous Unregistered]

And do not judge them for who they are, but by their actions. I do not care if a group, or alone, if they have more or fewer rights to inflict the rules of the server, and if customers use modification, plugins (on clients or servers)
In Spain, there is a saying that says "who makes the law, does the trick" (original: "quien hace la Ley, hace la trampa")
So if abused, and themselves, "getting caught" and not understand why me "censorship" and threaten, and I accept it without further above.
And if you use cheat to abuse, and poor artificial networks (jitter / lag / lose), I think it's fair to call it, as what they are ... CHEAT or CHEATER!

What do you think of this?
P. S. I remember not entered more than 2 times, to capture the 1st server (1 -) and today when trying to connect, I find the sentence:

REFUSED: TASAIRES - You are not wanted here (False cheat acusation, inapropiate behavior, etc by mrapple

to not have been a big brother, annoying other server.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

TASAIRES wrote:only accuse those who use them!
Like me1 said, you are falsely accusing many players. This is not acceptable.

As to who can "censure" servers: the admins and the owners of every individual server can.

Blast owns BZExcess, he can do whatever he wants there. It's good practice to only ban those who break the server rules, which blast always does. You broke the rules set by him, so he banned you. Technically you could not break any rules and he could've banned you, but that is not the case.

As for the REFUSED message you are getting on my servers (BZExtreme), all the reasons mentioned are true. You constantly accuse others of cheating. You use inappropriate language. That type of behavior is not tolerated on my servers and will not be tollerated most other places as well.

If you want to dispute a ban, however, don't do so here. If you need to get in contact with blast or me, pm us. Here is not the place to post your questions, comments, concerns, or arguments.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

No one is allowed to cheat. Ever. There are no cheat servers on the server list. No server on the server list allows cheats. The bzflag project does not allow cheating and can stop you from using the list server if you become a serious problem. Stop acting like there are certain players that are allowed to cheat. There aren't.

Lag and jitter are not cheats. They are problems with a network connection. If someone has lag or jitter, that does NOT mean they are cheating. Almost always they are NOT cheating. There are almost no cases of artificial lag or jitter.

None of the admins that have banned you have abused their powers. You may feel it is not fair, but that is your fault for being a poor sportsman.

There is no conspiracy of players that are allow to cheat. No one is allowed to cheat, and there are zero admins on major servers that support cheating.
BZFlag_user
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by BZFlag_user »

mrapple wrote: Like me1 said, you are falsely accusing many players.....
me1 wrote:... because you accused everyone better than you of cheating. (More or less.) Sorry if you don't understand english that well, but the language barrier isn't so thick that it should take you more than a year to figure this out.

I like very much about the use of certain statements which you throw free. Not with you ABSOLUTELY agree (and it is not let me out), is just because you are not true and you affirm and tested.
I would not change name, and do not really know the real number of players behind those names as Truth says that you give as true.
But if there if a group of no more than 4 to 10 players, constantly changing name, you can do but pretend to be a large amount of people but are actually less.
Especially when using unregistered nick
And if you can prove to me me, no cheats, playing when someone accuses me directly:
rather than move to shut me up or accuse, Barnes, while continuing my, cheating, catch Uneven unfair, or that some players (bots) can use SuperTank if being accused of being or use cheats,

Or just deny my words as false, and make your real.
I forgive you for making this thread a war against me, but the issue is: CENSORED or UNCENSORED SERVER, which is the reason I showed my case, is not accused who is cheating or not. If not for abuse (abuse -> Know when to use bad actions, this is not fair)

But, if you want to refute my personal reasons and if I deserve it or not, you can open another thread with a title like "all against TASAIRES" or similar

But, if you want to refute my personal reasons and if I deserve it or not, you can open another thread with a title like "all against TASAIRES" or similar

Or talk about the reasons of censor or not censor players servers, not only do my personal statement.
P. S. I have used some screenshots that I have as evidence to illustrate the subject, not to continue your war

For any Big Brother (Admin, onwe
and forgive me if I do not use p.m. and I have nothing private to talk to them, all you have to talk a long time happened to be public.
I do not like receiving threats, insults, or words on the subject, which then seem to never have said. But stop there
and I have too many messages and chat catch game screens
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I think this topic is over.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)