Remove "Mouse movement" and "Keyboard movement" messages

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Remove "Mouse movement" and "Keyboard movement" messages

Post by Yrogirg »

It was irritating me for so long and at last I'm asking how to remove "Mouse movement" and "Keyboard movement" messages from the console.
joevano
General
General

Re: Remove "Mouse movement" and "Keyboard movement" messages

Post by joevano »

Comment them out of the source code and recompile...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Do you use both mouse and keyboard to move? If not, you can force your movement to a specific device (keyboard, mouse, or joystick) in the Input Settings menu. Then you would not get those messages.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Yrogirg »

Yes, both. Keyboard for major driving and jumping, mouse for shooting and small/precise speed for jumping. The problem is I usually use keyboard to rotate tank while mouse for forward motion to prepare for jump. And when I do so the whole console is overflowed by these messages.

Well, I don't understand what's the use of these messages, unless you are figuring out some hardware problems, but it has nothing to do with the game itself.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The game doesn't really support using multiple input devices for movement at the same time. So the only reason you're getting that is because you are doing something that wasn't expected to be done. You have access the code, so you're free to change how it works.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)