Global

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
GigaG
Private First Class
Private First Class

Global

Post by GigaG »

When I go to Ziggurat, I get an error saying I need "global identification". How do I do that whilst still keeping the name "GigaG"?
blast
General
General

Re: Global

Post by blast »

Make sure to use the same username/password from the forum as the callsign/password in the "Join Game" menu in BZFlag.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Mark_IV
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mark_IV »

Also, today Ziggurat has been messed up. No one has been globably auth'd. So it might be that, not you.
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

being only partly on topic, and hoping not to offend anyone, can anybody please try to enlighten me as to what could be contributing to the popularity of the ziggurat map? is it the map design, the balanced gameplay, the sw with huge radius that kills no teammates, the eye candy, a combination of some or all of these or other factors? there really must be something i'm missing (despite having played on it at least a dozen times). i have never been a big fan of the missile wars map(s), which IMHO have contributed to the downfall of the game, but i could at least appreciate the nicely designed base structures, i could see it was a paradise for laser & gm & st campers etc but this map's popularity really is beyond my understanding. i wouldn't be bothered if one or two of my favorite maps were still being played on with some regularity, but this unfortunately isn't the case anymore. :-/
War Pig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by War Pig »

Really good question. Its a simple map. But really, it's hard to understand the popularity. Similarly, it's hard to understand how Missile Wars could be so popular for years in 2.0, but almost unplayed in 2.4. Its difficult to understand why eye candy maps, like Louman's and ahs3's don't seem to appeal to bzers for long term play, even though they're extremely playable and took incredible effort to produce, or why relatively simple maps like bloodbath and castle warfare seem to go through cycles of popularity. As for me, I tend to go where the players are, and usually manage to have fun on whatever map is the flavor of the week. I have stopped trying to figure out what the BZ herd is thinking and just try to make the best of what I find.
<life> <!-- insert something interesting here --> </life>
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

war pig, i agree with what you say. if only i could be equally successful in having fun on any given map.. meh. :)
Dr Robotnik
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dr Robotnik »

I am honestly baffled about the popularity of this simple map. Its really nothing special, many have outdone it.

-Ok I know why its so popular-
No TeamKills possible at all.

Noobs flock to it. They don't develop skill, they develop "HURR DUURRRR I CLICK BUTTON".
It is sad really. MW was at least a map that clearly took effort to make. This, not so much.
Admin and Support Supervisor for BZAddict. Need a BZFlag map hosted? Register today at bzaddict.net!
My Maps: Plaza (bzaddict.net 5198) Final Zone Collab (bzaddict.net 5199
Snooping as usual I see? Yes, yes you are.