The Ideal Map

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Flag Alert!!!
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Ideal Map

Post by Flag Alert!!! »

Hi, everyone - I'd first like to state that this is just a couple questions and not a guarantee that anything will come of it. However, if I am not busy with schoolwork and activities, I will try to do my best to create a map to your specifications, because lately I've noticed that there is little variety in the popular maps. Not all suggestions can be appeased, though, as many will probably conflict each other, but if I (or really anyone else that has time and is interested) attempt to create a map, I will try to keep as many suggestions as possible. So, here goes nothing:

What is YOUR ideal map?
Map size? Large, small?
Game mode? CTF? FFA? Rabbit?
Flags? Genocide? Laser? GM? None of the above?
Features? Middle dominates or more spread-out battle?
Server variables? Fast tanks? Fast shots?
Etc. etc. etc.

Feel free to leave any suggestions, but as I said earlier, as of now it's just questions and I can't promise that I will have time to create one. Also, try NOT to get into arguments here :P This is for you to post your choices, not for you to critique someone else's choices.
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: The Ideal Map

Post by FangUp »

Okay here is my shot of answers:
- 1st let it NOT be like Missile War or Ziggurat
- 2nd Make map size 600
- 3rd CTF 4 teams bases put on corners ( X ) or putted on sides ( + ).
- 4th Flags can be ALL the flags possible EXEPT bad flags. Total making 80 flags at least. Make them random putted, not one sort of them on one place (you can make them on one place but for that PM me ill change the whole subject.)
- 5th IF you can make textures, make it like Colored Auras. (have to have it in your mind:D ) Do NOT make it a dark map make it shiny!
- 6th Make tank speed 70 ans shot speed 180
- 7th special effects: laser ad life (10), ShockOutRadius (100), SR melting radius (50), Machine gun range like 800:D

-8th MAKE A COOL NAME!!! hehe like: "KnockOverflowExtremeBass!! (Explosion!) by Flag Alert!!!

Thats it for me:P Enjoy! xD

- FangUp
To be or not to be. - W. Shakespeare
To bee or not to bee? I sure love Honee! - FangUp
Playing since 2005, with an unregistered nickname.
soma
Private
Private

Post by soma »

1st. my ideal map is pieinthesky, which is an old map from the version 1 period. that had 10 shot and very fast motion, especially when you get BU. these features always bring confused fight (was fun). In existing map, WorldWar III is most bracing...even getting killed is fun in those maps :)
2nd. i do not care, but smaller is better since bzflag is getting fewer people now.
3rd. FFA I like. On ctf, the bases should be protected from spawn-killers or campers who are just reducing players' motivation.
4th. all is ok but geno should be limited. map should be designed for no camp, or be confused enough which camping does not become problem.
5th. as i said, confused fight is my favorite. no excite with slow motion and few shots, since you always should be cool and calculating. it's just bothering to putting large construction at center. what i want is action, and fire,fire,fire!!!(it does not mean silly map)
ziggurat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ziggurat »

What is YOUR ideal map? Overlord
Map size? Large, small? Normal size, too small equals slaughter usually, too big is too boring
Game mode? CTF? FFA? Rabbit? CTF of course, FFA is ~ok~, Rabbit is boring
Flags? Genocide? Laser? GM? None of the above? SW, SW, and more SW ... oh yeah a big SW would be nice. Geno is a necessity.
Features? Middle dominates or more spread-out battle? Middle dominates
Server variables? Fast tanks? Fast shots? Slightly faster tanks, faster shots
Flag Alert!!!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Flag Alert!!! »

@soma - I love pieinthesky! I miss some of the old maps that I first played on.
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

I liked certain map "styles"... Lasermania is a perfect example of a map that involves a lot of thinking, planning, spatial awareness... You really need to have a feel for how your team, and your opponent's team, are laid outon the map. The action develops slowly and it is sort of a thinking player's map. Boxy to me was the epitome of the "skirmish" map. There's not a whole lot of planning or thinking, the map is small, the action fairly intense, and you have to really spawn and be ready to play. Two Tanks is kind of a hybrid map... you can play the long range sniping game or get all up in your enemy's business... you have options and by virtue of being protected from spawn camping, you have a few seconds to decide. I also like the sniper style maps like Purple Panzer's Quickshot.

The current batch of popular maps have really significant playability problems. Theior popularity is just simply mystifying.
Retired Army--Proud to have served
Armored Cavalry Crewman, 1981-1984 (M60A5)
Infantry Officer & Paratrooper, 1984-1986
US Army Ranger & Sniper, 1986-1989 (LRSD)

Water Cooled 8-Core Ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.7GHz | Radeon RX590 GPU | 43" 4K Monitor