Something Smells Fishy

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Foooey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Something Smells Fishy

Post by Foooey »

I came across the following today https://www.amazon.co.uk/BZFlag-Lambert ... 163&sr=8-1

Now since this is an open source game - with the source material coming from wikipedia and 'possibly' these very forums - how is it possible that this is legit publication . And you can bet on your grannys life that no moneys are going to support this community in any way. JeffM and others hav done that previously with his bzflag themed hoody's. And hats off to him and the guys that made it happen - souly for the benefit of the bz community.

You can see in the desciption that 2 poor misguided souls have paid at least £35 for book that contains freely available information all over the internets.

Details on this mafia type outfit can be found on wikipedia here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDM_Publishing

note - as far as i can ascertain this is in no way linked to bzflag proper - if i'm wrong sorry for causing upset
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Something Smells Fishy

Post by JeffM »

Yep that's perfectly in the license. It happens all the time. Gimp is sold on ebay all the time as a cheap photoshop.
ImageJeffM
Foooey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Foooey »

it must make you sick
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Not really... It is within the license terms and who would really buy it anyway.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

"High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA Articles!"

That says it all...