Turret map.

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Turret map.

Post by JeffM »

The legality would be based on the license of each map. If the map did not have a license that allowed redistribution then you would not be able to host it in any way.
ImageJeffM
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

We just had someone inquire about it on our discord, so I'm going to put something for the record.

The Turret Defense map required a server plugin to work. This plugin is crudely written and has been unmaintained for at least a decade, so it's uncertain if it even compiles against a current BZFS. It also contains dubiously licensed third party code by people who helped him write it. As such the plugin is unlikely to see a public release, and the map without the plugin would be quite useless.

If anyone is going to host it again it's going to be Rob5a himself (or one of the plugin co-authors), but I doubt he's going to invest time and effort into fixing it up just so a handful of people can have a nostalgia trip. Sorry.
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

Never forget the grand rogue hold-the-flag. Its uniqueness in the idea of tank movement/positioning affecting the external bullet direction vector 3-dimensionally was in a league of its own, gameplay-wise.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

With regards to the plug-in, as it has been around a decade without updates, the recent API changes to world weapons/server shots would quite likely impact it directly.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread