switching to DSL

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

switching to DSL

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

after last nights beating by Grumbler :) i'm fed up with comcast cable and going to switch to dsl.

i'm not familiar with DSL options, is there a bandwith spec some of you can recommend? i need DSL that allows me to play on ducati (Germany), from the USA.

comcast sucks.

sm
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Re: switching to DSL

Post by Grumbler »

sn0w_m0nkey wrote:after last nights beating by Grumbler :) i'm fed up with comcast cable and going to switch to dsl.

i'm not familiar with DSL options, is there a bandwith spec some of you can recommend? i need DSL that allows me to play on ducati (Germany), from the USA.

comcast sucks.

sm
Beating..........i believe you had me beat in the head to head...........but there was something different about your connection...........then again, it could have been my connection as well............maybe we both had crappy connections, and everybody else was swearing at us.

i did notice that a couple times i should have died and didnt, and vice versa.....thats why i am not pointing fingers directly at your connection. although everybody else seemed to kill me just fine. :( i didnt hear anybody else speak up and say that they had problems with you/me being laggy.............anyhow, i am going to build a 1.10.6 version and see if that helps tonight.

dsl info:

my connection is the typical 1.5Mbps down, 128k up........but the rumour mill has it that they are beginning to update those to 384k up.

dslreports.com is a nice place to gather some info.

distance from your CO(where all the telephone wires come together on your street/areas) can be a significant factor in some places.
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

stats

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

cool! thats what stats i need to look for. i believe that server is in europe, maybe france? fredcods server i think.

my connection has been getting bad for awhile, i go nr alot. next thing i know is my flag gets dropped, or someone blew me up! or i become rabbit, kill someone and blow up for being a team killer (i guess because of packet losses?)!!!
i don't even touch highspeed flags anymore because i get kicked for going to fast....

as for building a new client, since i've been using fedora i cannot build from source or use the rpms because of some xserver lib problem. i've been using a bzflag bin that learner gave me awhile back on both my puters.

i might have to hit you or learner up for a new 1.10.6 client
:)

excellent battles last night, fun stuff.
sm