squads

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Kesslar
Private First Class
Private First Class

squads

Post by Kesslar »

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but some of us were thinking it would be cool to have teams, or squads where no one else can get on to that certain color unless aloud by that squad, or team. Now I know that there is such a thing on the GU league, but I am talking about on every single map out there. So I am just asking to see what others think?
joevano
General
General

Re: squads

Post by joevano »

Nah...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

What would be the point of that?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

That would turn the currently open games from inclusive to exclusive and is not a direction we want to go. Part of the fun of playing the game is playing it with others. Playing with your friends is good and all but that is the reasons leagues exist.

There are far too many cases where this idea could be abused to exclude others and it doesn't really solve any problem with the game.
ImageJeffM
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

Think of what will happen if there are many members of one "squad" on one map and noone else. There will be one team full of people, but noone for them to play against. The way it is now players can switch to different color to play in a situation like that.
Rest in peace, AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)! miss ya!
Kesslar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kesslar »

Ok, I see what you are all saying, I was just thinking that if i would host my own map and then set the teams...but yeah...I understand...just an idea I guess...lol
tanks for your input ;)
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

You can totally do that on your own server, it would be easy to write a plug-in to do what you are talking about, but it's not something we'd want to apply to every server
ImageJeffM
Kesslar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kesslar »

Ok...one more thing that I did forget to put in with my first idea was that if people didn't like the first idea...what about a quickshot league?
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Kesslar wrote:Ok...one more thing that I did forget to put in with my first idea was that if people didn't like the first idea...what about a quickshot league?
You may want to take that question over to http://forums.bzflag.org/viewforum.php?f=1