Just a question from a foreigner

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
ingwer
Private
Private

Just a question from a foreigner

Post by ingwer »

Hi there,

I started playing BZflag in 2006, I did play the game for about 3 years and then stopped. Cant remember why. Now I dug out this old game, I did expect a lot of servers and a lot of players online. I was looking for a rabbit hunt.
But after I installed the game, I only saw 4 servers and 0 people playing the game. Is that the current state of the game?

Kind regards
blast
General
General

Re: Just a question from a foreigner

Post by blast »

You probably installed version 2.0.x instead of the current 2.4.x. Install version 2.4.2 and you should see more activity (though player activity has dwindled a bit).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Para_Shooter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Just a question from a foreigner

Post by Para_Shooter »

That is almost certainly it. I had the same thing happen when I launched from an old desktop icon that fired up 1.6.x, and only saw the four maps and no players. After some calm-breathing techniques and a close look at the screen, I deleted that old icon, found the 2.4.x icon, and <boom> all my maps and players were back. Although I have to agree - participation overall is down from 2006 and that excellent BZ era, alas.
All your base are belong to me, make your time.