Can't play BZFlag?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Justicar Alexandros
Private
Private

Can't play BZFlag?

Post by Justicar Alexandros »

Hi guys,
My friend, Zhangerang, hasn't been able to play BZFlag for quite a while now, so I decided to ask you guys if you could help him. Whenever he clicks on "Find server," only three servers appear, and when he tries to go on one of them the screen blanks out. Any advice?

Thanks,
Alex
blast
General
General

Re: Can't play BZFlag?

Post by blast »

Sounds like he's still running the 2.0 version of the game. If he upgrades to the 2.4 version of the game, he will see more servers.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Can't play BZFlag?

Post by Mopar Madness »

blast wrote:Sounds like he's still running the 2.0 version of the game. If he upgrades to the 2.4 version of the game, he will see more servers.
To explain a little bit on why this helps, 2.4 broke protocol with 2.0, so 2.0 clients can only talk to 2.0 servers and 2.4 clients can only talk to 2.4 servers. After the upgrade, most all servers switched to 2.4, so there aren't but 3 or 4 2.0 servers left for his client to talk with, that's why he only sees 3 or 4. Once he switches to 2.4, he will see all the 2.4 servers.