Urban Jungle's New Home

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
bugsy
Private
Private

Urban Jungle's New Home

Post by bugsy »

Hi All,

The server bzjungle.com is shutting down today now that “Urban Jungle” is being hosted by a succeeding server admin. I started this server back in October 2013 with the simple idea of just playing a beloved old map from my years past. Things grew quickly after admins Green Manalishi and Rio_Dj_Narrow joined the team, helping to build a community of thousands of players around the world. Along the way, I learned a bunch about hosting and made a some good friends.

The good news is that Urban Jungle is still popular and it has a new home over at bzflag.allejo.io. Allejo has shown himself to be a trusted and capable operator so I’m looking forward to what he has in store in the years to come.

Some of you might be interested in learning that today I completed one of the most important actions an admin can perform. I securely wiped the server/chat logs amassed over our 2-year run. We kept these logs only to help identify patterns of abusive behavior before deciding the fate of a player who had garnered our attention. I feel good about what we accomplished and our track record of providing a safe community for young and old to play. Long live Urban Jungle and best wishes to all of you.

See you on the battlefield.

-bugsy
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Urban Jungle's New Home

Post by kierra »

Thank you so much, bugsy for hosting these past few years and for working out a seamless transition to another host.
Looking forward to seeing you play purely for the enjoyment.
Don't disappear on us ;)
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
ZE BOZZ
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Urban Jungle's New Home

Post by ZE BOZZ »

Bugsy has done a masterful job hosting UJ. He was always up to date, always involved and always on the lookout for new ways to make playing on his server
and even better experience than the time before. He deserves every bit of our praise.
Here's to you bugsy!
•• •• •• •• ••
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien