Well, well, well!

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Well, well, well!

Post by BIYA »

Had a house fire last year sometime and it got me thinking of all the stuff that went with the house. Mainly what was in storage on my pc that I've kept over the years of new rigs. The original models (Lol) for the HideNSeek maps, and a host of other failed and tested maps I fiddled with back then. Been about 14yrs since this game touched my heart and I'm grateful for how much joy and friendship I got out of it. JeffM, you still as grumpy and serious as you used to be man? Sorry you and the other devs had to deal with me hahahaha. Looking back I've caused a few stirs but I'm happy to see at least one of my maps still up on the server list even though the game isn't active as much as it used to be. I'll keep an eye on this lot and see where ya'll take this game and if anyone remembers me from my 11 year absence and wants me to pop in a server for a few hours, feel free to ask. Honestly can't believe I was able to get this Username logged in again.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Well, well, well!

Post by kierra »

You won't remember me, BIYA, but I remember your nick! I joined bz a few months after you.
Welcome back!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

Yeah I don't even remember the guys that I had Pms from about me not playing anymore so don't expect me to remember much lol. Thank you,it's a pleasure! To bad all the Mofo guys are gone, that was a good bunch.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Some mofos are still around: optic delusion, I_died_once and more. Old mofos never die ;)
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

Waaaatt that's insane! I just logged into that map and wow that thing has changed!
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

It's been a long time BIYA, but welcome back. :D

Several massive changes have happened over the years, but we're all still here, or at least some of us are. :)

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

Yeah I've been poking around the forum a little and have noticed a bunch of stuff that has been changed!
Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Super Android 13 »

And a bunch of new members, including me, have joined the community. I joined last fall, but I've been playing the game for years, but had never thought about registering. I've seen Planet Mofo go through TONS of changes over the years. The old mofo server with the old building textures and early rules is gone, but its successor, the modern planet mofo, has brought about a new age of the Apocalypse. I've seen many players over the years, although some I don't see anymore, which is disappointing, but at least there are new members to help this community grow. I've no longer heard from some players that really were leaders in the community, and on the servers, as well as those who just played to have fun: [honc], Tribomb, Ultar, tbe, and a list of others whose names I don't remember. However, I still commonly see people like optic_delusion, D-FENS, Microchip, Kierra, onelap, Green Manalashi, and many others, still helping to ensure that others playing will have a good time, especially on some of our old classic maps, like Louman's Mystic Valley and 4-Team Missile War. I enjoy seeing what we can do, and I hope everyone had a good Easter!

Respectfully,
Buzzy.
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Good to see ya' BIYA,
Yeah, more than a few of us are still here. Some things change, some stay the same.
I'd say there's been a little bit of a resurgence, in the last eight months to a year. (a little).
If I pay attention I see a lot of old timers showing up to poke around for a bit.
Hope you stay awhile.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

Yeah I'll be poking around from now on. Might hop on every now end then. The game is installed and ready. Good to see your still here Optic!
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

Wow indeed...I also got a blast from the past with a recent PM, and when I get home tonight I'm gonna get on with the most recent version. See how much rust wears in the fingers..lots of late nights at mofo.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage