Missing some config into

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Missing some config into

Post by trpted »

* If I posted this is the wrong area, please tell an admin/a mod so that it can moved to the right area. *

While I saw https://wiki.bzflag.org/Config_File there is some missing config info.

Like..

#1 Last Server that I was on.

#2 A list of my Favorite/bookmarked Servers,

Since that data is not in the config file, so where it is?

Thank you.
blast
General
General

Re: Missing some config into

Post by blast »

The last server is stored in your config. The favorites are stored in one of the cache files, if I recall correctly, maybe BZFS0221_1-Servers.bzs.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trpted »

blast wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am The last server is stored in your config.
Confirmed. :)

Line/entry: set server

For example set server helit.org
blast wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am The favorites are stored in one of the cache files, if I recall correctly, maybe BZFS0221_1-Servers.bzs.
Very odd because all I see in there with a text editor is 01.bztank.net:5154 and yet I know I have 8 servers online that are my Favorite/bookmarked Servers.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-09-25_07-06-47.png
(237.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It's a binary file, not a text file, so it isn't something you'd want to open with a text editor. I don't know the details of how it works, but it's not designed to be hand-edited if that's what you're after.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trpted »

Ok.

Confirmed as to what kind of file it is.

xxd per a Google (or another online search engine) open a binary file in linux

Unknown for sure if is it not possible to edit manually. Appears to be the case and I will accept that.

File appears to have a list of the all of the servers that I last seen and guessing has what is bookmarked or not.

Thank you
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trpted »

I do not mean to bump this thread, but I have an update.

Confirmed what I guessed is true.

For example...

#1 As root ( more than likely using SUDO - instead of su to switch to root ) :

a) I went to /home/test/.bzf/cache/ and created a back up of the file BZFS0221_1-Servers.bzs with only one Favorite/bookmarked server.

b) I went to /home/my-other-username/.bzf/cache and then copied BZFS0221_1-Servers.bzs

c) I pasted my BZFS0221_1-Servers.bzs over /home/test/.bzf/cache/BZFS0221_1-Servers.bzs

#2 Switched from my-other-username to test, started bzflag, told it to find servers, and told it to look for only my Favorite/bookmarked servers.

Result: Success. The old copy that test had was only one Favorite/bookmarked server, test now has the same Favorite/bookmarked servers that I had when I was logged in as my-other-username. :)

Thank you.