Abusive players...

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
ghost.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Abusive players...

Post by ghost. »

Jack Napier is quite a nasty player - have a look at the kind of abuse he is spewing at other players as they kill him.
He needs to be banned out - this is not the kind of players that we need in here...
Attachments
jack.jpg
(194.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Re: Abusive players...

Post by Bullet Catcher »

When there are no admins present the next best thing is to use the /report command to notify the server operator about the situation.
ghost.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ghost. »

I know...
I just wanted to give a heads-up to other server owners and admins about this one, as he is quite gross,
and when admins are about, he's "a little angel", and everyone else is so mean...
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

maybe that's his reaction to being called a cheater by you on a regular basis. of course i'm not saying that's acceptable behavior and i don't know if he's actually cheating, though having played against him numerous times, i haven't detected any kind of "overt" cheating.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

You can use the '/owner' command to find the owner and notify them about this situation.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
ghost.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ghost. »

Green, Him being seen with multiple flags not being cheating?
Other players asking me if i can do something about him, as they are being cussed out in private, just like Gauss behaves?
I'll catch him and get you a video some time... will that do for you?
Come on...
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

Someone with the access to the bzfs logs would be able to check out the player's activity on their own servers as far as chat is concerned, usually that being the host. As such, I would forward this concern to them via a private message and let them take over from there.

While it might not be of much use, I had seen Jack Napier in-game many times already, last time it was yesterday on Urban Jungle where I've played for multiple hours in a single session; he was there, and I didn't detect any abuse. If abuse via chat was happening in private, I wouldn't know. Nothing seemed off in public, neither through chat nor any sort of cheating had taken place.
ghost.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ghost. »

That would be if the server has been configured to capture the personal chats, which is not the default.

Also, i have seen his behavior being all good, only to drop in a snap, and he is usually playing well around admins or regged users, but not so much when anons are the only ones.
Hes twofaced, like Gauss..
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Ghost. wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:07 am Green, Him being seen with multiple flags not being cheating?
Other players asking me if i can do something about him, as they are being cussed out in private, just like Gauss behaves?
I'll catch him and get you a video some time... will that do for you?
Come on...
Exactly what do you mean with being seen with multiple flags, do you mean he has one flag, but more than a single flag attribute?
As for language issues silencing exists and players may place reports if he is such a problem.
Ghost. wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:43 am Also, i have seen his behavior being all good, only to drop in a snap, and he is usually playing well around admins or regged users, but not so much when anons are the only ones.
Hes twofaced, like Gauss..
Simply not allowing unregistered players to send private messages would limit a lot of abuse.
Perhaps it may be something you wish to suggest to server owners?

-Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
ghost.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ghost. »

@Zehra -Multiple flags - for example having one flag listed, but apparently having the WG flag at the same, time, being able to change direction in midair, or temporarily break the fall not to land on a bulletstorm underneath.
This is a classic cheat falling in the semi-subtle category as it is easily detectable by the effects of it.
Another classic in the same category is having the SE and ID flags enabled at all times, seeing ST or good/bad flags.

and disable the unregistered players from being able to speak is a very good way to stop any abuse hurled at other players.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Ghost. wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:55 pm @Zehra -Multiple flags - for example having one flag listed, but apparently having the WG flag at the same, time, being able to change direction in midair, or temporarily break the fall not to land on a bulletstorm underneath.
This is a classic cheat falling in the semi-subtle category as it is easily detectable by the effects of it.
I'm well aware of this cheat, although I have not seem him use it, however he frequently has suspicious jitter or lag, which is a red flag.
Still, I'll be on the lookout for this particular cheat, along with any others he may use.
Ghost. wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:55 pm Another classic in the same category is having the SE and ID flags enabled at all times, seeing ST or good/bad flags.
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the issue of being able to 'ID' flags, without ID, does not exist in 2.4.
In fact, only in several versions of 2.x is where it was used and later solved by sending all types as 'PhantomZone' until the flag is picked up.
The client had that power before, but no longer does.
'SE' without 'SE' is something I'll carefully check for and see if he is using it as it still is a risk.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

the guy's from south america. that would explain his lag and if he's not on a perfect connection, also the sporadic jitter (happens to the best of us). those can always give the false impression of cheating, especially when the lag difference between two players is high. as to behavior, he's quite the avid camper on ctf games, which may instigate people to throw negativity at him and him throwing some back. as i had said, i have never witnessed that or any kind of cheating from him myself, which of course doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening to others or at any time.. for behavior, as tainn said, server logs are the best bet. screen caps or vids from players won't do too well as proof, as they may keep out their own abuse and only expose the other person's.