Missing everyone

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Beth
Private
Private

Missing everyone

Post by Beth »

I was sad to find so many empty servers. Haven't played for years, but didn't know how many have stopped playing.

Beth is sad :(
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Missing everyone

Post by tainn »

Hey Beth, just a heads-up that an event is planned for tomorrow, on Sunday, at 20:00 (8 pm) GMT on some super flagged CTF maps, located at the server bmbz.freemyip.com, port 5198.

There will definitely be quite a few people attending it, so do drop by if you can! :)
Gollum
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gollum »

It is pretty quiet, not gunna lie Beth. Many if not all you knew back when, are gone. But there are a few of us left... Kierra, Me (Gollum), Constitution, ducatiwannabe (sometimes), and some others as names escape me atm.

Hope to see you around either way, and glad to see you returning to BZ :)
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Welcome back Beth.

Glad to see you back.

I'm sorry to say the majority of players within this game have moved on or have become inactive.
New players join in occasionally, but do not remain for long, if they remain at all.
BZFlag has been in a slow decline over the years, but activity has picked up and dropped every once in a while.

The good part is the overall player base is stable and development has picked up over the years.
(See the Game Releases and Versions forum for added information on the subject.)
Additionally, there is still a good amount of talented people within the game and forums as well, although the numbers are slightly lesser.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread