BZFlag Postgame

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

BZFlag Postgame

Post by allejo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:08 pm

For the past few months, I've been teasing this project on Discord and now I've finally gotten around to deploying it and importing my ~8700 LeaguesUnited replays. I'd like to introduce to you, BZFlag Postgame.

Postgame is a Symfony project that reads replay files and summarizes them. Taking a look at a match that occurred yesterday, here's what's available for each replay:
  • Final match score
  • The final scoreboard
  • Times of every flag capture
  • A log of the public chat
  • Per player K/D stats; i.e. how many times did player X kill player Y in this match?
If you'd like to perform your own analysis, you can append "/json" to any replay URL and you'll receive a JSON representation of that match. For example:

Code: Select all

http://postgame.allejo.org/replays/49/20190907-2341-fun.rec/json
So how is this all possible? BZFlag replays are a simple collection of every packet that was sent to the server. I have written a PHP library (allejo/bzflag-networking.php) on GitHub that reads replays and unpacks the information into PHP objects.

Please note, that Postgame is still in the alpha stage and there's more to come. So feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are greatly welcomed! Of course, Postgame is open-source on GitHub and welcomes contributions. There are a number of reported issues/feature requests already, so help would be greatly appreciated!
Here's my personal website and my open source projects are available on GitHub; I work on a lot of cool things.

kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: BZFlag Postgame

Post by kierra » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:23 pm

Kudos to you for this undertaking, allejo! I'm so excited and can't wait to see more.
I have missed mana's site for GU league that tracked so many different stats.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Looks great, will be inputting some suggestions/ideas.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
There's always something to remember and it's been a game I love. ~Zehra
The time spent is a time which can never be regained, so it's a time to enjoy. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.

strayer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by strayer » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:49 pm

I do not only like the idea of BZFlag Postgame but also the current implementation. Pretty good. :o)
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)