help with messages

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
dave_jacobsen
Private First Class
Private First Class

help with messages

Post by dave_jacobsen »

Hi all.
I can't figure out how to send messages to one tank that I select. I know about nemesis, and about send to teammates and send to all, but how would I send a message to a certain player on the other team? Someone told me to select with the arrow keys, but that didn't seem to work. I play with my keyboard, no mouse.

Thanks!

Dave
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

I know this one! For some reason, if you use your keyboard before trying to select a player, it does not work. Try moving your mouse before you try to send a message, then you can select with the arrow keys. I had this problem for a long time,then I switched to mouse and the problem went away. :D
dave_jacobsen
Private First Class
Private First Class

Thanks!

Post by dave_jacobsen »

Memnarch wrote:I know this one! For some reason, if you use your keyboard before trying to select a player, it does not work. Try moving your mouse before you try to send a message, then you can select with the arrow keys. I had this problem for a long time,then I switched to mouse and the problem went away. :D
That solved it, thanks! I have a friend who I play with, and we haven't been able to send messages to each other. I have a laptop with a trackpad, or I'd probably use a mouse all the time... See you around,

Dave
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

This problem has plagued me as well, for as long as I can remember. Is it going to be fixed in 1.12?
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

It's a feature, not a bug :). But yes, in 1.12 there is a "Force Input Device" option that will make your keyboard keys act like keyboard keys and not movement keys, if it's set to mouse or joystick instead of keyboard.