Safe genocide?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Gage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Safe genocide?

Post by Gage »

I was just on a map that had a flag called Safe Genocide. Never seen it before, and didn't get a chance to use it. Anyone know what it does?
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Safe genocide?

Post by tainn »

The Safe Genocide custom flag plugin is the same as Genocide, but without the mass-killing.
Gage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gage »

That makes no sense. Genocide is mass-killing. So it does nothing?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It's just a point multiplier. When you kill someone on a team, you are awarded with a point for every player on that team.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

From players which have spawned on said team, the amount of players which are spawned are the point increment in value. So if 5 red players are joined, but 3 are spawned, 3 points will be awarded.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

It is as blast said, if you ignore the actual killing, the only factor that remains are point adjustments that come from Genocide, both positive and negative, if shooting a teammate.

It works in a similar fashion as the -tk argument does. If passed, when killing a teammate, you will get the -1 score reduction, but you will not die (league maps work that way). On default, the moment you teamkill someone, you also die.

The general idea behind it is not to hinder other people's current positioning when a teammate dies, but also yielding the points to the holder. If you consider that to be too soft when creating your own map, you always have the option of going with the classic Genocide.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

For a quick and approximate overview of what has been done in terms of plug-ins with regards to geno, the following threads may be viewed: Note: RogueGeno is not included, as it included within the official BZFlag distribution and official documentation is provided for it.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread