Nice Real-Life Tank Robot (Toy and More)

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Nice Real-Life Tank Robot (Toy and More)

Post by alfa1 »

I just saw, recently, a video of a nice real-life tank robot which has several interesting features. It is RoboMaster Series from DJI, the Chinnesse leader brand of commercial drones. They have S1 and EP models which seem to be oriented to child and teen people, respectively, with features of playing, programming/learning and doing tasks.

I share a paragraph from the last model which sounds promising:
"The EP shares similar chassis and Mecanum wheel designs with the S1, is compatible with multi-party hardware, supports multiple software platforms and has an open SDK. The new hardwares include high-performance servos, robotic arms, grippers, infrared depths sensors, sensor transfer, modules and power transfer modules, as well as more than 50 programmable modules. The steering gear of the RoboMaster EP can be customized through a programming interface. The EP supports more than 20 third-party sensors and open-source hardware such as Micro Bit, Arduino and Raspberry Pi."

In the other hand,... yes, it can sound a bit scary... "Dangerous Future Robots"?... Let's be wise to take the good part and drop the bad one. :)

Wikipedia: Robomaster .

YouTube - video #1 (by DJI - 2019-06-11): DJI - Meet the RoboMaster S1 .

YouTube - video #2 (by DJI - 2020-08-04): Introducing the RoboMaster EP Core .

The funny and good Castilian/Spanish video where I got to see it (you can put subtitles in English; are rather good):
YouTube - video #3 (by Luisito Comunica - 2020-08-14): Compré un robot de combate por $1,000 | ¿Vale la pena? .
("I Bought a Battle Robot by $1,000 | Is it worth it?" by Little Louis Communicates.)

By the way, it reminds me a bit of Logo educational programming language, which was made "to create a mathematical land where children could play with words and sentences":
Wikipedia: Logo (programming language) .
alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Nice Real-Life Tank Robot (Toy and More)

Post by alfa1 »

I tried recently an excellent game I found some time ago, and it's, coincidentally, related to this thread:

Colobot: Gold Edition - Alpha 0.1.6 Version (despite it has a so low number and it's alpha, as far as I know, its origin is about 2000 as a proprietary ready-to-use game, then we can see its already mature state and very good quality).

From its site: "Colobot: Gold Edition is a real-time strategy game, where you can program your units (bots) in a language called CBOT, which is similar to C++ and Java. Your mission is to find a new planet to live and survive. You can save the humanity and get programming skills!"

On the short time I know it, I could classify it as an strategy, simulator and educational game.

A picture I prepared (there are more robots and buildings) :) :
01.png
(792.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Some alternative levels (apparently good ones (still trying them); include a kind-of-arcade "Virtual Tactical Simulation environment"): Level Pack V2 24.05.2016 .

* Note #1: if it's necessary, Wine can run it perfectly.
* Note #2: I don't like Java :P .
* Note #3: regarding the argument, I prefer to imagine (as fictional) the original one of "life on Earth is threatened by a devastating cataclysm" than the last one of "as you know, Earth is heading towards imminent disaster, due to increasing atmospheric pollution" since the latter stands for a related situation to the really hard one we all are living in real life nowadays (I don't believe the "climate change", "worlwide overpopulation" and such speeches). Remember: (real) science always needs prooves. By the way, I can recommend: seeking for the truth, taking care and trusting in God. Have strength, people!
alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Nice Real-Life Tank Robot (Toy and More)

Post by alfa1 »

Adding to note #2: I don't agree with their decision of switching from Free/Libre/standard technologies to proprietary/fashion ones about their interchange of opinions and contents: Forum/Facebook (and others), IRC protocol/Discord, Forum/Mods private site, etc.