Client says it can't talk to list server

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Doordude07
Private
Private

Client says it can't talk to list server

Post by Doordude07 »

Hello, I just got BZFlags on my mac os and the server search isn't working. It says on the message bar that it cant talk to list server. can anyone help me fix this. Thank you.
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Client says it can't talk to list server

Post by trpted »

It might matter what verson of the mac/apple you are using, points to News & Announcements -> Server List Communication Issues - September 30, 2021

Since you just got it working, it is not the issue as addressed in Help: Setup / Hardware / Performance Issues -> can not talk to list server after playing

While you are not on Windows, I point to Help: Setup / Hardware / Performance Issues -> Client Not Connecting - Strange Issue
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Which version of the game? Which version of macOS?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Doordude07
Private
Private

Post by Doordude07 »

I have version 10.11.6 for mac. I can connect to servers but cant find any on the "find servers" tag.
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trpted »

Doordude07 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:53 pm I have version 10.11.6 for mac. I can connect to servers but cant find any on the "find servers" tag.
Also as requested what version of the game.
Doordude07
Private
Private

Post by Doordude07 »

2.4.22 of the game
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Since macOS 10.11 is quite old and hasn't had updates from Apple since October 2018, it does not trust the new Let's Encrypt certificate, so you'd have to manually install an updated root certificate to your system. Try installing this updated certificate to your system: https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrgrootx1.pem

chickenfarmer documented some instructions:
chickenfarmer wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:08 pm kbar and other Mac users,

You need to install the cert mentioned above by using Import in the "Keychain Access" program.

Once you import it (preferably into System for all users), you need to click on it, go to the Trust section and select Always Trust under "when using..."
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Doordude07
Private
Private

Post by Doordude07 »

:D Thanks. It works now!