All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:55 pm

Invisible bullet is a great flag!

Here's Dutchri's stance on this topic:

Usage

* Use ricochet to spray bullets to an opponent from behind a structure. They'll have no idea they're about to die.
* Spray your bullets towards concentrations of enemy tanks.

Beware

* Do not underestimate this flag. Most players totally rely on their radar for incomming bullet detection.
* Veteran players will never turn their back to a tank with IB, so it's all or nothing against such a player. Good bet is their flag is better than yours.

L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:09 am

Scorch wrote:phantom zone is now much better, phantom tanks shoot phantom bullets so there are two worlds connected by teleporters pretty much ;)
Yes, but the problem is that in most situations you're by yourself when you're phantom, so it's worthless... while it's fun to watch n00bs shoot at you, the only practical use is camping by a teleporter.

However, in a situation where a lot of people are phantom, it could be pretty fun.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.

sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sid6.7 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:21 am

L4m3r wrote:
Scorch wrote:phantom zone is now much better, phantom tanks shoot phantom bullets so there are two worlds connected by teleporters pretty much ;)
Yes, but the problem is that in most situations you're by yourself when you're phantom, so it's worthless... while it's fun to watch n00bs shoot at you, the only practical use is camping by a teleporter.

However, in a situation where a lot of people are phantom, it could be pretty fun.
i do think the phantom flag upgrade was a very good thing
and adds a new "dimension" to pz...there are some wicked
pz campers out there...i learned alot from tim riker himself....

harmless curse his evil pz soul was very good on madcity also :evil:

doing my uttermost best to make jeffm2501 pop a blood vessel or cry..which ever comes first..

BZrand Random map maker 6.4 , BZchecker map validator 1.5

LibrarianBrent
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LibrarianBrent » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:38 am

Steamroller is not as bad as everyone says. I personally killed 3 guys with Steamroller when I was playing ducati-style with flags.

My favorite move is to get it so they're chasing you around a building, then suddenly reverse right at a corner so they run into your tank and die. So far, that move has never failed me.

Obviously, it doesn't work against Super Bullet or OO.
And then, as we aimed at each other, in the moment of truth, I knew...

that someone had stolen my wallet.