PHP BZFlag List Server

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PHP BZFlag List Server

Post by RPG »

If you've ever checked out CVS, you may be familiar with a script called bzlist.php in the /misc/ directory. I was, and I also was upset that it wouldn't work right. So what did I do? Make another one! It has a prettier interface than bzlist.php and it works with the current list server. It can't show which players are on the server for the simple fact that I wanted to stay away from having the script query the server, partly because I wouldn't know what to query the server with!

Anyways, if you've been lost by that paragraph, this script shows you the current list server (with the servers in order of how many players are on them) and lets you get details about each server.

A hosted copy is at http://www.garrettsites.net/php-bin/phpbzlistserver.php . I wouldn't mind if it was put in CVS too, or hosted under my.bzflag.org .
Attachments
phpbzlistserver.zip
The PHP BZFlag List Server Interface (PHPBZLSI) Revision 3
(1.98 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by RPG on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Nice one. :) I like it.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

I updated the above attachment for Revision 2. The only addition is a bar under "total current players" that shows graphically how much of the server is fulll.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Is there a way this can be customized for one server? If you could send me a customizable version that would be great. (Hint: Has to do with BZWorkshop)
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

A Meteorite wrote:Is there a way this can be customized for one server? If you could send me a customizable version that would be great. (Hint: Has to do with BZWorkshop)
Anything can be done with programming. PM me about it.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

ummmm thats not the current list server.

the current list server is part of the "db" project in CVS.
ImageJeffM
0_0_0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 0_0_0 »

I think its a new version of bzlist.php.

Ceratainly has a nice look and feel, nice work RPG! :D
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

JeffM2501 wrote:ummmm thats not the current list server.

the current list server is part of the "db" project in CVS.
It's just a rewrite of bzlist.php under the BZFlag module in CVS. It's purpose is to be a graphical way to navigate and find information from the list server.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

RPG
I know what it is. I'm telling you that what is in that folder is not the current list server code, so it may not support all list server features.

You would want to base it off the current list server php that is in DB project. The DB one has been updated ( specificly for 2.0 ). and does things that the old one does not do.
ImageJeffM
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

JeffM2501 wrote:You would want to base it off the current list server php that is in DB project. The DB one has been updated ( specificly for 2.0 ). and does things that the old one does not do.
I checked out the current list server code, and it looks like I'm milking everything I can out of the data the list server provides. The next step in taking this further would be to query the server that the user want's to get the info. about. Instead of just providing how many players are in teh server, it could provide the player's callsigns as well. Like an entire stats website packed into a script.

In fact, I'll get to doing that.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

yea your doing what the other php stat sites have allready done.
ImageJeffM

Post by Guest »

I know of fortix which does this, but It went down a short while back and hasn't worked properly since...
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

stats.bzflag.org (or, now, my.bzflag.org) does this already, as does fortix, and I've seen others.

By the way, nothing comes up for me under the Players list when you select a server (even one that has players).
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Only Sometimes

Post by RPG »

shorty114 wrote:By the way, nothing comes up for me under the Players list when you select a server (even one that has players).
Yes, yes, the way PHP is configured on my web server doens't let it show the players. I don't own that server, so I can't fix it. The players work on my home server, though.
Mucho Maas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mucho Maas »

What I like about it, same way as the fortix site, is that you don't have to click the back button to view another server. Maybe this can be changed on the list code of the my.bzflag.org site.
But RPG, without player info it is quit useless for certain tasks. Anyways, so much learned by doing it I guess, nice.

The fortix site seems to be working again, i returned to use that one now again, it gives me all the information I need on one page.