to CTF or not CTF that is the question...

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:45 am

Writing an anti-capping plugin would be fairly easy. However, you would need someone that knows how to write them, and I don't know enough C to do that. The API has functions that would work perfect here.

kliksf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kliksf » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:50 am

It just doesn't seem very sporting to capture the flag when it's 8-4 or 7-3. I keep the scoreboard off when I'm playing so unless it's painfully obvious I might capture when it's pretty one-sided. I don't mind being in the minority either, but I think it's pretty stupid when a guy on a team that outnumbers you 2 to 1 makes a big deal about capping.

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Race to Seven

Post by optic delusion » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:21 pm

Wait for BZFlag Version 2.0.4 then load your server with the Race to Seven plugin. It puts a premium on flag captures when you are actually keeping score, and there is a gameover point.
Right now, RPG is working on making it four-team compatible, and making some other variables configurable.
If you like to be on the bleeding edge, and have a current CVS for linux or windows, you can test it out now.
Plugins are the future of BZFlag serving.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.

Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:03 pm

A-D, although that is ok for the mofo league, it probably will not work with the more popular ctf servers, as everyone would have to leave. maybe race to 20, or a 60:00 time limit.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage