the turkey map

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please

the turkey map

Post by Guest »

want to post some praise to the creator(s) of the new turkey map.....although there a few things i wish were different, it is quite a unique map. the maze buildings and perches are challenging to work with.

although i expect some not to agree(hey, were human after all), this is definitely a top 5 map.

so to you who spent the hours creating this beast, high praise from the jungle. :D
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Yes, rr did a verrrrrrrrrrrry good job. I will go a step further and say that his map is one of the best I've ever seen. You reallllly kick rr! :D
baddmove
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by baddmove »

i like it also..but sure wish RAZZBERY would quit kickin my butt w/00...lol
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

You know, I often complain about new maps on turkey, but I fail to stop and realize something important. These maps are leaps and bounds better than some of the other maps floating around on the less popular servers.

I think rr did a great job. Of course we'll have some complaints, but I think overall it is a fun much with a lot of challenging sections. Nice work!

ok, enough praise... time for the complaints. ;)

Well, I just have one complaint, and that is the twin tower building. At ground level, the outside steps are too low and end right where the ceiling begins. This allows GM tanks inside to shoot out of the walls. That just isn't right. I know I've exploited that bug as well as countless others.

Possible solutions...

1. Make an entrance to each ground level section so that ST tanks can hunt the GM tanks inside.

2. Make the outside step around the bottom into two steps, so that the second step around the edge stops GM tanks from firing out at just anyone.

Otherwise, thanks for a great map, rr. :)
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}

yep

Post by Guest »

yep....that is one of my issues with the map.....but, there is a solution.........OO rogue teaming.......although this not always possible.....

what i enjoy the most, is watching the OOs try and take each other out......OO is no longer the "ideal" flag is was with the last two maps......it calls for greater skill.
rr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rr »

I agree that the GM thing is a problem, although an easily fixed one (i still consider it to be more of a bug in bzflag than map design though :) ). I am working on a new version of the map that contains that fix and a couple of other small things that have annoyed me.

I am also considering adding a small structure in the middle of the map as flags seem to be excessively collecting around that point.

Please let me know if there are any other things that you think should be addressed and ill try to get an updated version out soon.

rr
kernel panic

new version

Post by kernel panic »

rr wrote:I agree that the GM thing is a problem, although an easily fixed one (i still consider it to be more of a bug in bzflag than map design though :) ). I am working on a new version of the map that contains that fix and a couple of other small things that have annoyed me.

I am also considering adding a small structure in the middle of the map as flags seem to be excessively collecting around that point.

Please let me know if there are any other things that you think should be addressed and ill try to get an updated version out soon.

rr
Let me know as soon as you have your new version and I will implement it on turkey.

Post by Guest »

hmm, structure in the middle.......have to see it.........because, yes the flags are building up in the middle.

i would like a couple more perches to climb to the top with.......but really, its not bad now that i have learned the transporters a little better........

the building with the pyramid in the center has problem with getting stuck when trying to jump to the top from the level below......only at the corners......and not sure what could be done.

the random blocks in the one corner a little difficult to drive around.....again, this could just be a feature of the map......but many people die not getting the jump right.

thats it off the top of my head..............good effort rr.
rr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rr »

updated map availible at http://analog.150m.com/

I may have gone a little overboard on the new middle structure, but it makes getting around a lot easier and provides another way to the upper levels of the pyramids. Let me know what you think

rr
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Good work rr! Your map looks like an ST campers dream now. Of course.. the poor lil' GM campers won't live long. ;) Bwahahaha!
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Awesome map rr!!! Great for a very fast and active style of gameplay.
Keep up the good work!

widowmaker
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

great work rr!

the only creative criticism I have about the map is the lack of being able to jump up to the uppermost corners without being bagged by a GM (esp with ST mode of course).

If there were some teleports to the topmost corner, that would solve the problem.

Just a thought, keep 'em comin!

Peace
Fiber
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

Ya,great job rr! :D I love that map that you made.The buildings and all.I also like the updated version of it.Great job!.Looking forward to new aps that you make! :D