Masquarade: Genocide's Kryptonite?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

Workaphobia wrote:Well normally a MQ player isn't thinking about infiltrating your ranks and backstabbing you
not on a server with radar, but if there's no radar, the smart ones will grab mq and "infiltrate your ranks and backstab you".
(Dvn)
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by (Dvn) »

I like it how it is currently. Though sometimes I wish MQ was a little more powerful. I was just thinking how cool it would be to make a no-radar map with Masquerade flags.
that would be weird!. it would be hard to figure out whos on whos team. lol
Owner@gnurux.homelinux.net:5159
Owner@YOUR DEAD's
Admin/Owner@No Guts No Glory's
Admin@Win Xp's
Admin@Lddw's Admin@SirKay's
Admin@Theme97's
Admin@A Heart Attacks's
Cop@AlliedArmours
Ducati member@Teh g33ks

cookiecutter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Masquarade: Genocide's Kryptonite?

Post by cookiecutter »

scishop wrote:Problem: Laser is beaten by Cloaking and Guided Missile is beaten by stealth. But there is no paper for Genocide's rock, possibly the most powerful flag of them all.

Solution: When a tank with the genocide flag kills a tank with the masquerade flag it is the genocide's tank's team that gets killed along with the masqueraded tank. To sweeten the deal for the masquerade tank s/he could get the points for the genocided team.

Logic: Genocide kills tanks all of one color; so if you shoot a "red" tank all red tanks should die even if that "red" tank was actually a green tank in disguise. This would slightly weaken the overpowered genocide flag and slightly strengthen the underpowered masquerade flag.

What do y'all think?
I'm not sure about this. The difference between geno and GM and Laser is that with GM and laser you are more powerful. With Geno you have the same bullets, just that you get more points for a kill. Best defense against a geno is just killing them normally 8)
Pwnz@Secretplace
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Re: Masquarade: Genocide's Kryptonite?

Post by L4m3r »

cookiecutter wrote:I'm not sure about this. The difference between geno and GM and Laser is that with GM and laser you are more powerful. With Geno you have the same bullets, just that you get more points for a kill. Best defense against a geno is just killing them normally 8)
Not necessarily, especially in a two-team game. If someone's got geno and you're trying to shoot him, all the person has to do is spray a few bullets at a clump of your teammates, and you're toast.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

Which is why it's best to limit geno to just a couple of shots that need to be fired tactically.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Workaphobia wrote:Which is why it's best to limit geno to just a couple of shots that need to be fired tactically.
Of course. But some servers don't, and someone with geno can still pick off a weak player easily, even when there is a shot limit. I was only responding to cookiecutter- Geno is more powerful because not only do you have to dodge, but you have to rely on your entire team to do the same. It rarely works that way.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Timpson Texas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Timpson Texas »

maybe the MQ flag could make your tank look like a baby carriage and they would just feel bad about shooting at it?
Still on top
The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

Timpson Texas wrote:maybe the MQ flag could make your tank look like a baby carriage and they would just feel bad about shooting at it?
:lol:
well for some it would but for others...
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

:lol: thats funny, but i wouldn't feel bad about shooting at it because i know that its just a tank hiding from me
Raoul Duke
Private
Private

Post by Raoul Duke »

...the counter to geno should be shield.
the Red Commander
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the Red Commander »

Soraya wrote:
dartman wrote:I think that MQ should be used more on no-radar servers.
well, i think that would make mq invincible, unless you identified the person. because the only other way to tell a mq tank (besides ident.ing) is w/ the radar.
Not true, the colour of the persons bullet is not altered by MQ. This I know because it has given me away about 6 times out of ten!
the Red Commander
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sorry, I hadn't read Workaphobia's post - I repeated him, sorry
the Red Commander
Private First Class
Private First Class

The counter for G is a S. I was playing Overlord (SilverCat Rotation) and had a S, a G shot me and I didn't die. It might have just been a glitch, but I think this is a waste of time as G has a counter in S.

On the question of whether or not MQ should be better, Yes! It is too easy for MQ to get recognised by the radar, I usually play with radar - so they just get shot down! If the radar was also changed - i.e. the only way to recognise the MQ was by the bullet colour, identify or the players movements - it would be a lot stronger as you would have to be very careful and a lot less trusting of your radar!
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

About current shield behavior: If you're shot only once by Geno, do your teammates die? Are you supposed to die due to the geno effect, even though the bullet itself can't kill you?

As a possible alternative to the MQ counter, how about this:

Shield is fully immune to geno bullets - no one on the target's team dies, and the target tank even gets to keep its shield flag when hit. In order for G to defend itself from SH, it must do the same thing that lasers do when cloak attacks at close range: drop the flag. Also, a shield holder is immune to the geno effect when used on another member of his team.

Thoughts?
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
benplaut
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by benplaut »

how the if-you-have-mq-you-won't-die-with-your-team, as well as if a geno shoots you, it kills both and lowers both scores by 1, as if a TK :twisted:
Discovery
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Discovery »

Lol that is weird..... Is it like that?
SURRENDER!
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

no, it's not like that, he was suggesting it