special BZ rituals :)

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please

special BZ rituals :)

Post by Guest »

some one told mee that he wears a lil helmet when he plays BZflag . LOL

(i wear my lucky bead bracelet when i play) :P

does any one else have like cute lil rituals or does like special stuff when u play a match ? (i know sum of u smoke before u play :\ bad bad) for mee i know i have to have my diet pepsi , bubblegum , and tune into MTV to play really well ...

:P
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

nothing special here but i get laghed at because when i play i lean my body left and right....lol like its gonna help me dodge bullets...heh :roll: :lol-old:
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Yes, I light a red candle at dawn everyday before I play, perform some BZFlag mantras, and use carnauba wax on my mouse. Wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off. This prepares me to use the holy guided missile flag.

I log in.

I choose a good server.

Then I get completely naked, coat my body in chicken fat, and sing Abba's "Fernando" every time I hunt a camper.

...hehehe, of course not. :P
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

ski wrote:nothing special here but i get laghed at because when i play i lean my body left and right....lol like its gonna help me dodge bullets...heh :roll: :lol-old:
Haha, I do the same. :) So my gf know always when Im coding or when im playing, just by looking at my movements - and she (still) thinks its fun to watch :)
I don't need huge pictures here.
learner
General
General

tunes and suds

Post by learner »

I gotta have my music to really get into a good groove. Without the tunes, it can get a little too scientific and cold while I play.

If it's a weekend, or just any really relaxing day for that matter, I'll usually make sure I have a Corona handy too.. :coffee:

Those happen to be the same requisites for programming also... :thumb:
EvilChickenNugget
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by EvilChickenNugget »

I usually throw a Metallica CD in my surround sound system and make sure I have a glass and a cold 2-liter of wild cherry pepsi (cherry coke in an emergency) handy.

Oh, Ski: I also do the little leaning thing. Especially when I'm jumping onto a building and it doesn't look like I'm gonna make it, I'll try and lean forward to catch the edge. :wink:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Rituals?? Well.. hmm... I usually listen to MxPx while I play (check out http://www.mxpx.com), but I wouldn't call that a ritual. :)
baddmove
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by baddmove »

Well..i bought this chair from wal-mart and i have found that as i play , i kinda use it like a fighter pilot seat .ya know?i cost about 50$ and really moves around alot..kinda gives you that ..behind the gunner seat feel..hehehehe.....i'm a dodgeing and jumping and making a bunch of noise when i use it..but it is kinda cool...good excercise my wife says..lol.....hmmm.no wonder i'm so tired at work.... :roll:
KRR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by KRR »

I'm with ski and [dmp] : Body-english gets used a lot, even though it doesn't seem to help. :)

In FFA sometimes I'll jump when a nasty surprise happens.

Used to be my ritual was to cuss long, loud, and vociferously. A couple months of dying and that little habit has died away - I still have not-so-good days at BZ, but not bad-days like I did before I played much.

Maybe a constant fast tapping of the right-button of the mouse while waiting to come back to life counts?

KR
Last edited by KRR on Sat May 24, 2003 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My other tank is a sailboat..."
KRR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by KRR »

Hmm, got a timed-out error when submitting and thought neither post went through, but both showed up (am editing this one as it was a duplicate). Sorry for the duals...

KR
"My other tank is a sailboat..."
blastard
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by blastard »

Saturday afternoon.......beer and bzflag........mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Blastard
blastard
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by blastard »

Saturday afternoon.......beer and bzflag........mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Blastard

"There's nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning."
baddmove
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by baddmove »

i'm with Blastard on that one..beer and bzflag on a Sat .afternoon..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

I do the same as ski, [dmp] and KR. Its too bad that it never works :D !
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

widowmaker wrote:I do the same as ski, [dmp] and KR. Its too bad that it never works :D !
Hmm, I only do it rarely these days, but it always seems to work when I do 8)
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Maybe my technique is off. :D
Razzberry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Razzberry »

My only ritual is to have my MP3s playing. And I make sure to use shuffle mode. Now if there were only a way to advance the player to the next song when a song is no good for playing bzflag. If the mix is good, I usually play better ;)

Post by Guest »

Nothing.....although i do have a tendancy to try and peak around the corner of my computer screen........there are days i swear it works......and i do have a habit of switched radar screen sizes.....buddy of mine complains when i play because the radar keeps bouncing around.........

no rituals though.......well except the coating of my keyboard with the blood of unsuspecting spammers........or was that SCO executives......
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

I'm starting with a gallon (3.75lt.) of good beer :coffee: ,after 20' another gallon :coffee: ............lol help me dodge bullets...hick